What's new

Mühle Rocca R94 vs Rex Envoy

I'm considering buying my first full stainless steel razor and I've narrowed it down to either the Mühle Rocca R94 or the Rex Envoy. To all of you who one either one or both of these razors, what are your experiences? What is the best shaver of the two?

I have both and find the envoy gives a much smoother shave---close, no irritation. The 94 is fine with the grain, but rough against or across. Just my opinion, as usual, ymmv.

I had an R96 and an Envoy at the same time, and tried shaving with the Envoy every day this past March. I only made it about two weeks before giving up on it. I absolutely loved the craftsmanship, but was never able to get an efficient shave with it. The R94/96 is a different beast altogether and mine is still with me. It’s a fantastic razor. As always, your mileage may vary.

I have tried a Rockwell 6S, a brass Karve, a stainless Karve and a Gamechanger (.68 and .84) and a Muhle R94. The Rockwell and brass Karve have been sold. The stainless Karve and Gamechanger are both in a drawer. The R94 has become my favorite razor. I like the weight, the design, the finish and the sound it makes.

I really liked my Muhle Rocca. Its a beautiful razor but I liked my R41 a tiny bit more. Now I've graduated to the Yaqi open comb slant which shaves closer and just as smooth as the others.

i got the Rex a few weeks back but as posted previously mine has positive blade exposure so I'm still getting used to it, great craftsmanship though
I may try the muhle as well as the reputation and reviews are worth the risk but I'm only 8 months back to DE razors so still learning

I can't comment on the Rex, but I am a big fan of the Rocca. Recently I also bought an Edwin Jagger 3ONE6, which I would say is very comparable to the Rocca in terms of efficiency.

Just added the Envoy to my stable of razors. Shaved with it once so far. A little smoother than the Muhle, less blade feel and much less audio feedback. Closeness of the shave about the same. The knurling on the Envoy is substantial. No way could you drop it due to slippery hands. I'll stick with it for a couple weeks and then probably alternate with the Muhle. Might end up selling the stainless Karve.

The rocca r94, r95 & r96 V4 provide a super smooth mid efficient razor that’s easy to use.. I enjoyed the r96 so much I quickly got the other two

def worth a try

Shaved with the R95 this morning. Nice. It is a whopper of a razor, but balances just right. Shave was smooth and close. Not sure if it is a 3one6 killer, but time will tell.

Top Bottom