What's new

Mühle R89/41

Task complete.
I thought the 41 was aggressive enough compared the the 89, but that takes it to a whole other level.
I did my first pass(from sky to floor) as normal. It was a really nice shave.

I switched back to stock r41 at this point.
Normally my next two passes are xtg and atg. I barely needed the second pass. Just some touch up spots in the common areas that usually need it.
I really think this has been my best shave yet in my whole career.

So thanks for the tip.
I had the same experience. I have to say probably the most effortless 2-pass BBS I’ve ever had.

As you, I started with the R89 cap and found it very efficient. Reverting back to the standard R41 configuration, the second pass was surprisingly quiet. So much so that I had to recheck my angles on a couple occasions.

I will definitely be performing this setup again - thanks for the suggestion @Clouds !!

AB37F27F-239F-455C-8DD2-1E520D97AC97.jpeg

I only wish Muhle would do the Grande handle in rose gold but alas, they don't. I emailed them some time ago about but in their response, they had no plans on doing so.:blue::blue::blue:

One can dream.

marty

After using the R41 a few times, I've decided I still prefer the closed comb for most of my shaves. Used my King C. Gillette today. Felt good.
I have 3 Razors(for now) so maybe I should start a razor rotation so I can get some use out of them all.

The R41 is not a good daily driver unless you have a really really hard skin. It's just too rough on the skin. Yes, it gives you extremely close shaves, but you pay the price in redness and feeling like a snow plow drove over your face, unless you do just one pass. It's just not worth it imo.

The R41 is not a good daily driver unless you have a really really hard skin. It's just too rough on the skin. Yes, it gives you extremely close shaves, but you pay the price in redness and feeling like a snow plow drove over your face, unless you do just one pass. It's just not worth it imo.
That is my thoughts as well. I get best results with the R41GS with at least 2 to 3 days growth. I tried using it daily when I first got it, and by the 3rd day, my face was begging for mercy....lol. Great razor, just not a daily user for me and my face.

Top Bottom