What's new

~ Mühle R41 VS Fatip Piccolo ~

~ Mühle R41 VS Fatip Piccolo ~

• Mühle R41

• Fatip Piccolo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I like booth. They are booth efficient with the r41 the more aggressive of the two. I like the term efficient to aggressive and rank razors by efficient and smooth, and efficient and harsh. I have found the r41 leans toward efficient and harsh. Not by much comapred to closed combs that require more passes. I find the Piccolo efficient and smooth and it drives like a sports car, so for me the Piccolo takes the edge as my preference hands down.

I have the Fatip grande and R41. They are both great, if I had to choose one it would be tough choice. Fatip's are not that expensive and I would get both and give them a try.

Fatip, aggrisive and smooth, will need to pay attention to blade alingment when loading, good solid razor but not as polished as the R41. Love the brass feel and look.

R41, Lil more aggresive and lil less smooth, but that means less passes. Top notch quality.

Get Both!

I find the Fatip much smoother than the R41. I could never get a smooth shave from the R41. The Fatip shaves just as close and is just as aggressive. Fatip does have a quality control issue but if you get a good one it is much better made than the R41 which is made from pot metal.
My vote is for the Fatip.

$Chubby_Fatip.jpg

Interesting, I will have to do a head to head comparison... Since I just acquired a R103 to compare my Fatip Razors against. (The R103 is an R41 with a special handle)

The Fatip wins it for me, easily. The R41, while efficient, can be harsh and unforgiving in terms of technique. The Fatip is just as efficient, but without the aggression, plus I find it much more intuitive to use.

I have the Fatip grande and R41. They are both great, if I had to choose one it would be tough choice. Fatip's are not that expensive and I would get both and give them a try.

Fatip, aggrisive and smooth, will need to pay attention to blade alingment when loading, good solid razor but not as polished as the R41. Love the brass feel and look.

R41, Lil more aggresive and lil less smooth, but that means less passes. Top notch quality.

Get Both!

Bingo!

I received my Fatip recently. It's incredibly safe despite the amount of blade showing. I got a good shave out of it. The handle is not just nice and heavy, the grooves are incredibly smart as all water simply runs straight out from under your fingers. So it feels dry even after you run it under the tap. This is quite a nice feature.

However, the R41 still wins. Closer shave, faster, even if it is a bit more aggressive. I'm used to it enough that I can use it virtually without looking.

Both tested with Feather blades, Cella soap and a couple of boars (Omega 48 and Semogue SOC). Both are great and much better than my Merkurs.

Muhle R41 for me. I can't get a comfortable, nick-free shave out of the Piccolo. I was going to offer the Fatip to my step son. He uses a Feather shavette and can probably handle the Piccolo.

I have the R41 but since the majority of users seems to think it's more aggressive, I don't need to try anything else. I need a razor that gives me a close shave so it's the R41 for me.

Top Bottom