What's new

muehle-pinsel brushes

I bought an olive wood handled silver tip MP a year ago from Nashville Knife Shop. Set me back $100. Olive wood feels nice first thing in the morning. No complaints so far.

I just recently purchased a Muehle-Pinsel Classic Set with a Silvertip Badger brush from BathandBodyNet for $202.00 and I am truly happy with this brush set, especially since other vendors sell this exact same set for over $100 more!

I'm still a newbie, but I ordered one a while back and it works very well. Anything from my cheap boar bristle would be, but I really like it. In fact, I bought it on Ebay and the seller sent me a second two weeks later by mistake. I emailed him and he just told me to enjoy the second brush! I will eventually try a step up in quality, but this one seems to do the trick just fine.:thumbup1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Reviving the thread:devil2:

I also have a nice Muhle Pinsel Silvertip with a horn knob and thought I should share as many already posted pictures of their gems. That brush is awesome to face lather!

attachment.php

I have owned a few Muhle brushes and they are great. My only complaint is that on my silvertip the logo has rubbed off, is this normal?

Edwin Jagger use a Windmill Brush silver tip in their top line of brushes.

I thought it was the best silver tip in the shop at the time. Better than all the top brands...old Simpson, Rooney, Kent, etc.,

Hello guys, Are ther any " Mehele- pinsel" guys on this forum? I am a simpson guy but also considering a Mehele- pinsel silver tip. They have a good websight, and have a "Shaving Mirror " publication. Thanks, Barberof1965

Yep - count me in.
I have a custom built Muhle (did everyone notice that this is actually a *very* attractive option at the Muhle site?).

I have an Olive ahndle, silver tip. I think it is a great brush.
Like to think of it as my 'in-house standard'.
It doesn't come much better in terms of build quality, and I think it is a very luxurious brush.

And of course, I am a sucker for olive wood - that may help also ;-)

You have great taste in brushes also !

W.

Reviving the thread:devil2:

I also have a nice Muhle Pinsel Silvertip with a horn knob and thought I should share as many already posted pictures of their gems. That brush is awesome to face lather!

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
My starter kit.
The brush is the M89 silver tip, 19mm, chromed and with the same detailing as on the razor (R89).

So how do you like the M89 brush? It looks beautiful, and of course is a great match with the Muhle razor.

Last edited:
So how do you like the M89 brush? It looks beautiful, and of course is a great match with the Muhle razor.

I agree, looks Great but how is the weight of the Handle? I have a couple of Bleached Boars and the Bristles are very nice, Firm Backbone & the tips are softening quickly. My one complaint is with the Faux Marble Plastic Handle which is Extremely light... and HOLLOW, I only know it's hollow because the knot fell out after two weeks of use & no evidence of any epoxy was used. I'm deciding whether to weigh the Handle or order another from Rudy or I'm leaning toward the Golden Nib, right now it's sitting on top of my free standing Bedroom Closet drying out. Second Brush Handle is a Rubberized Green & Grey Handle with good weight.

Last edited:
Since I have been considering the purchase of a M89, I too would be interested in a report on the brush, e.g., handle weight, brush balance, quality of the bristles, backbone, and softness of the tips. The M89, R89, and matching Muehle stand make
an impressive combination.

I agree, looks Great but how is the weight of the Handle? I have a couple of Bleached Boars and the Bristles are very nice, Firm Backbone & the tips are softening quickly. My one complaint is with the Faux Marble Plastic Handle which is Extremely light... and HOLLOW, I only know it's hollow because the knot fell out after two weeks of use & no evidence of any epoxy was used. I'm deciding whether to weigh the Handle or order another from Rudy or I'm leaning toward the Golden Nib, right now it's sitting on top of my free standing Bedroom Closet drying out. Second Brush Handle is a Rubberized Green & Grey Handle with good weight.

Well, I went with a Black Acrylic handle from TGN, should contrast nicely with the Blond Bristles. I also ordered a 22mm Black Badger for the Grey & White Plastic Handle and I'll add a bit of weight before setting the BB knot, this should contrast nicely with the Handle and boost my brush count up to 9...again. SBAD, gotta love it!

Top Bottom