Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Crema Pre Barba
Razor: Schick Injector Type I1
Blade: Schick Injector (24)
Soap: Van der Hagen Scented Luxury Soap
Brush: Luxury 10-5
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Reserve Brandy Spice
Passes: XTG/ATG
Result: DFS

Had an ingrown after yesterday's shave. Broke the hair free and shaved as normal. Starting to get sub-par shaves on easy areas, so time to change blades. Will break out my Lady Eversharp tomorrow with an unknown number of shaves on it's blade.

Have a happy shave!
That's a repurposed Cholula bottle isn't it? Nice!

2020/09/24
Razor: Schick K2 White Lady Eversharp
Blade: Schick Injector (? + 4)
Soap: Fuzzyface Soaps Kentish Rain
Brush: Zenith B25
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Reserve Gents Gin.
Result: BBS

Have a happy shave!

2020/09/25
Blade: Schick Injector (? + 5)
Soap: Fuzzyface Soaps Kentish Rain
Brush: Vie Long 12601
Aftershave: Blade for Men Arctic Blue

Have a happy shave!

IMG_20200926_135858798.jpg

2020/09/26
Blade: Schick Injector (? + 6)
Soap: Pré de Provence No. 63
Brush: Graydog Stirling
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Reserve Brandy Spice

Nicked under my lip requiring the use of a styptic pencil

Have a happy shave!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Sorry to read about the nick, but glad it was good enough to count as DFS despite the flesh wound.

IMG_20200927_214507991.jpg

2020/09/27
Blade: Schick Injector (? + 7)
Soap: Pré de Provence No. 63
Brush: Graydog 10098
Aftershave: Avon Leather
Passes: WTG/XTG/ATG

Did a full 3 pass shave to enjoy the shave more. Surprisingly, it wasn't quite as close as my normal 2 pass shave.

Have a happy shave!

IMG_20200928_182838688.jpg

2020/09/28
Blade: Schick Injector (? + 8)
Soap: L'Occitane en Provence Cade
Brush: Stag B4565 with AoS starter knot
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Reserve Whiskey Woods
Passes: ATG/XTG

Blade is done. Chewed me up and spit out the pieces. Will be finishing out the month with my Gem 1912

Have a happy shave!

IMG_20200929_163530875.jpg

2020/09/29
Razor: GEM 1912
Blade: Personna GEM coated (1)
Soap: L'Occitane en Provence Cade
Brush: Omega Pro 10098
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Reserve Gent's Gin
Passes: ATG/XTG

Back to my favorite. The injectors seem to be a slightly easier shave. The Gem a slightly better shave

Have a happy shave!

Easier, better. Better, easier. Decisions, decisions.
Back to my favorite.
I made that decision a while back. :)

If I ever lose my mind and start shaving my moustache area, I might appreciate the small head size of injectors more, but seeing that I have had a 'stache more of my life than not, I don't see that happening. Especially considering the without a 'stache had a 18 year head start. :)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Especially considering the without a 'stache had a 18 year head start. :)
I remember having one when I was much younger. Now that SWMBO has me on a retirement shaving schedule, mine has re-appeared. Not sure how long it will hang around, but I have one picture of my Grandpa sporting a pretty serious 'stache that I might try for!
GeorgeBruchhauser.jpg

I remember having one when I was much younger. Now that SWMBO has me on a retirement shaving schedule, mine has re-appeared. Not sure how long it will hang around, but I have one picture of my Grandpa sporting a pretty serious 'stache that I might try for!
View attachment 1161870

I've had one since I could grow one, except for a few trimming disasters. Once I figured out my deviated septum would make it appear "off" compared to the edges of my lips, I just started using the edges of my lips as the judge.

Since I've started growing a handlebar, I just use the natural "valley" of non-growth on my cheeks to chose where to shave on the sides, and shave even with the corners of my lips downward for the southern border.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The only picture I can find of me having a 'stache is this one at my Aunt Helen's house in Whittier, about 40 years ago.
Suzuki.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I mostly rode Honda's.

1979 CB750-4
honda 750-4.JPG

1983 CR250
me jumpin over dave.JPG

My first bike was a Suzuki though. 44 years ago.

10th bd.JPG

No mustache then haha. That was a great little bike, Suzuki TS75. I couldnt kill it and it still ran fine after I outgrew it and moved to the CR250.

I mostly rode Honda's.

1979 CB750-4
View attachment 1162289

1983 CR250
View attachment 1162290

View attachment 1162291

No mustache then haha. That was a great little bike, Suzuki TS75. I couldnt kill it and it still ran fine after I outgrew it and moved to the CR250.
I tried learning to ride motorcycles. A friend had a 175 he was letting me ride in the fields around the house. Came off a little hill and pulled too hard on the frontend, resulting it landing straight up and down, breaking off the taillight.

Later that year, same friend was letting me ride his Honda 350. I stupidly tried turning from a stop, almost laying it over, overcorrected, and laid it over on the other side.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I mostly rode Honda's.

1979 CB750-4
View attachment 1162289

1983 CR250
View attachment 1162290

View attachment 1162291

Mine was a 1979 GS850GN shafty. The only bike I ever owned, bought it new for $2,700 USD. It had 28mm Mikuni's, the last year you could still change jets because of smog laws. It got 32 mpg on regular gas. 26 if you put premium in it, and it would barely even start.
You could shift it at 10,500 all day long because it had a ball-bearing crank.

I once pushed it to around 10,300 in 5th, on the 405 Freeway, the speedo said 136 and would go no further. It was about a 10 mile stretch of my 35 mile ride to work, and I got to work 10 minutes earlier than usual. About a year later I got a speeding ticket for 78 mph on the freeway, while my speedo was registering only 62. I went home and changed my shorts.

Top Bottom