What's new

Mri?

I was wondering if anybody here could tell me what an MRI costs?

My husband is having one done tomorrow. Our insurance has us pay a $100 co pay and 20% of the cost of the procedure. I have searched and searched, and can't find any reference to the cost.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
JoAnna

boboakalfb said:
Umm...have you checked with the medical center where it will be done?

That's what I would recommend. Just make sure you pay 20% of the contracted rate that your insurance has negotiated with the center.

The only problem is I have a 2 year old daughter with Cerebral Palsy, who is very hands-on. I don't have time to sit on the phone waiting to talk to someone. Typing a question takes me a few seconds. So I thought I might get a better idea of the cost here. But I appreciate the suggestion.

JoAnna

mrs. chefchris said:
The only problem is I have a 2 year old daughter with Cerebral Palsy, who is very hands-on. I don't have time to sit on the phone waiting to talk to someone. Typing a question takes me a few seconds. So I thought I might get a better idea of the cost here. But I appreciate the suggestion.

JoAnna

I'm sorry I can't give you a cost. It varies from city to city and state to state. Good luck.

I had one a few months ago and it cost about $1,100.00 here in Louisiana. I wouldn't imagine it would be much different in other states, but who knows.

mrs. chefchris said:
I was wondering if anybody here could tell me what an MRI costs?

My husband is having one done tomorrow. Our insurance has us pay a $100 co pay and 20% of the cost of the procedure. I have searched and searched, and can't find any reference to the cost.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
JoAnna

"What does an MRI cost?

The cost of an MRI study can range from $400 to more than $2,000, with a typical cost being about $800. Most health insurance, including Medicare, covers MRI testing."

Good luck.

Top Bottom