What's new

Mr5x5 Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member Mr5x5

39727.jpg

@Mr5x5 has been a member of Badger and Blade since Mar 4, 2011

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?
I was tired of the expense of Gillette's cartridges and wanted something more economical. I did a search on double edge razors, found this unique community and liked what I saw.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
Horticulturist

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
What part of the country where you were born do you like the most? I was born in the snow belt of western NY and loved it growing up but have seen enough snow to last me the rest of my life. I've lived many places and found nice people everywhere. My career seems to be leading me south so maybe if I ever retire I will be in some place warm and sunny.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Raising our kids has kept me busy. On rare occasions I pick up my mountain dulicmer. I am also a Gideon, the folks that distribute Bibles on college campuses, in hotels, and other places.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?
It is a treasured gift from Honed, another member here. My mothers ancestors left his area of Sweden about 150 years ago.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
Francis Schaeffer

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
Revisit a rural development project in The Philippines I worked on to see how it has changed in the last 27 years

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
Not sure.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
Be patient with others because you don't know what they are going through.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
Flying

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
Probably a cat because I like a nap in the sun when I can get one.

13. What kind of music do you like?
I like everything from Alternative to Zydeco though I haven't heard any Rap that I like yet.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
I can't think of anyone. Being me is challenging enough.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
Boring Old Soul

Fun interview. My brother was born in the PI back in the late '50s He went back to visit around 25-30 years ago.

I love the PI. I went there on vacation after my military discharge. Met a girl, fell in love... have been happily married for almost 30 years.
Great interview.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Great interview, great answer for Question 10. One that I try to abide by myself but fail on occasions.

Great interview, thanks for doing it!
Thanks. I am not nearly as interesting as people seem to think I am.
No. 10. Bravo! I try to do this always. Im still a work in progress though.😉

Great interview, great answer for Question 10. One that I try to abide by myself but fail on occasions.
We are all a work in progress. As long as we find ourselves further down the road than where we began we are making progress.

Most excellent - thanks for the interview! I am from Montana and now live in Missouri. I am not too tolerant of the cold anymore, but the family is here, so I won't likely be making it to any tropical locations other than on vacations.

Most excellent - thanks for the interview! I am from Montana and now live in Missouri. I am not too tolerant of the cold anymore, but the family is here, so I won't likely be making it to any tropical locations other than on vacations.
Enjoy the family, you are blessed to have them close. I wish I had more family near to spend time with. Interesting user name and avatar. Some colleagues have looked at it as forage.

Enjoy the family, you are blessed to have them close. I wish I had more family near to spend time with. Interesting user name and avatar. Some colleagues have looked at it as forage.
Oh it is forage for sure. One of my favorite native grasses, too. Also not too distantly related to corn. I have some plantings in my front yard

I enjoyed reading your interview, thank you. And thank you for the reminder to be patient, I need reminding quite often!

Top Bottom