What's new

Mr. Fine soaps

3 shaves since my last post. Blooming it really helped the soap and got me a very nice lather.
Yep. I soak my fine soaps for a few minutes. They are actually hard soaps, so soaking doesn't hurt them like it can many croaps.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Yep. I soak my fine soaps for a few minutes. They are actually hard soaps, so soaking doesn't hurt them like it can many croaps.

This is one reason I prefer hard pucks. I can soak my brush and bloom the soap together in the same mug.

I'm a big fan of the lavender pour homme. It's quite intoxicating... not sure I'd call it warm, but I do love this stuff, as does my wife.

A Tabac shaving soap clone made in the Netherlands with (Thank God!) a range of pleasant to very pleasant scents.

Surely Fine soaps are much better than the Proraso classic line but we are comparing apples with oranges as in their countries (leaving aside all the import thing) the Italian croaps are priced $2 for 150 grams while Fine Accouterments charges $12.50 for 100 grams.

A Tabac shaving soap clone made in the Netherlands with (Thank God!) a range of pleasant to very pleasant scents.

Surely Fine soaps are much better than the Proraso classic line but we are comparing apples with oranges as in their countries (leaving aside all the import thing) the Italian croaps are priced $2 for 150 grams while Fine Accouterments charges $12.50 for 100 grams.
Well, USA prices are most relevant to me, and Proraso actually costs a little more. But even if you get your Proraso at one of the outlet stores at $6 for it, Fine Accoutrements is still twice as good . and then when you factor in that one puck of Fine will probably last longer than a tub of Proraso , then the value gets even better.

I'm a big fan of the lavender pour homme. It's quite intoxicating... not sure I'd call it warm, but I do love this stuff, as does my wife.

The C&S Oxford & Cambridge aftershave that it is based on is the most incredible scent. If you ever want to treat yourself, that's a great product. I have both aftershave and cologne and thoroughly enjoy both.

The C&S Oxford & Cambridge aftershave that it is based on is the most incredible scent. If you ever want to treat yourself, that's a great product. I have both aftershave and cologne and thoroughly enjoy both.
After posting about the soap, I decided to use it for this evenings shave. Smells so good, I may just look into the C&S Aftershave. Thanks. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I love Fine soaps. They are a great price for a triple milled soap. My complaint with a lot of artisans is they produce soft soaps that sell at a premium for around a 100g or less of product. They are mostly filled with creams and moisturizers , anything to make it super slick, therefore they get used up fast. Fine is a very nice Dutch made soap that, for me, is reminiscent of the old Haslinger tallow with better scents. Since it is a 100g's of triple milled soap it will out last any of the soft soaps. I enjoy buying and trying different soaps, but if it came down to it I'd buy Fine and Saponificio Varesino.
rsz002_20.jpg
043.jpg
003_20.jpg
:001_wub:

I love Fine soaps. They are a great price for a triple milled soap. My complaint with a lot of artisans is they produce soft soaps that sell at a premium for around a 100g or less of product. They are mostly filled with creams and moisturizers , anything to make it super slick, therefore they get used up fast. Fine is a very nice Dutch made soap that, for me, is reminiscent of the old Haslinger tallow with better scents. Since it is a 100g's of triple milled soap it will out last any of the soft soaps. I enjoy buying and trying different soaps, but if it came down to it I'd buy Fine and Saponificio Varesino.
View attachment 1025877View attachment 1025878View attachment 1025880:001_wub:

Great line-up!! :a14::a14:

Totally agree!

Well, I haven't had the time to get any of the Fine Soaps yet, but did get some of the after shave samples from Maggard Razors, so I know I like the Santal Absolut a ton. I have to get that soap soon. I also haven't made up my mind about the scent of American Blend. I love it some days, and not so much others. I feel like I am going to have way too many soaps that are full size pucks at this rate...

Top Bottom