What's new

Mr. Fine soaps

Fine soaps, IIRC were supposed to be Tabac clones. It's hard for me to compare them head to head with Tabac. That said, the Fine soap is as good as Tabac IMHO. I recommend highly.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I love Fine soaps. They are a great price for a triple milled soap. My complaint with a lot of artisans is they produce soft soaps that sell at a premium for around a 100g or less of product. They are mostly filled with creams and moisturizers , anything to make it super slick, therefore they get used up fast. Fine is a very nice Dutch made soap that, for me, is reminiscent of the old Haslinger tallow with better scents. Since it is a 100g's of triple milled soap it will out last any of the soft soaps. I enjoy buying and trying different soaps, but if it came down to it I'd buy Fine and Saponificio Varesino.
View attachment 1025877View attachment 1025878View attachment 1025880:001_wub:

Just got the Vetiver Soap and Splash and the L'Orange Noir Soap and Splash. :)

I love Fine aftershaves, and have some coming in my latest reload - I wonder if anyone can comment regarding the change in fine soaps where formerly they were sold in 100g pucks without a container, but now seem to be sold in a plastic tub (which of course is helpful!) Was there any change in formulation associated with this, or is the current Fine product the same hard, triple-milled soap that it was when sold without a container?

I love Fine aftershaves, and have some coming in my latest reload - I wonder if anyone can comment regarding the change in fine soaps where formerly they were sold in 100g pucks without a container, but now seem to be sold in a plastic tub (which of course is helpful!) Was there any change in formulation associated with this, or is the current Fine product the same hard, triple-milled soap that it was when sold without a container?

Same great soap.

I think you can get it 1) puck in plastic tub, 2) puck by itself, or 3) Fine's ceramic bowl to put a puck in.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Can you show me where on God's green earth you're getting tabac refills for $7 and MWF for $10? (yes I've taken the 125g vs 100g into account)

These are the average price in EU, I actually paid for the TABAC with its bowl €6 in a supermarket (weekly offer)

soaps.jpg

So they are no longer selling just pucks? I purchased their ceramic soap bowls a while back, they stack nicely on my vanity.

black & gold = Italian Citrus
white & Red = American Blend
dark & light blue = Lavender
white = clean vetiver

IMG_20191030_091708.jpg

So they are no longer selling just pucks? I purchased their ceramic soap bowls a while back, they stack nicely on my vanity.

black & gold = Italian Citrus
white & Red = American Blend
dark & light blue = Lavender
white = clean vetiver

View attachment 1030574
Correct. Emailed him myself. Will have to buy the plastic tub and move the puck to your ceramic. I did the same thing. I really like those ceramic bowls.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom