What's new

Mr. Fine Lavender soap and splash

I was poking around on Amazon and saw that Fine offered a Lavender soap. Since I hadn't tried any of their soaps and I've enjoyed their splashes I decided to get a soap to go with the Lavender splash I've always liked but haven't used much. I typically use Barrister and Mann soaps and aftershave balms and splashes so I'm accustomed to a relatively mild, highly soothing experience.

I lather in a wood bowl for a few reasons, but at any rate, the soap has done really well with lathering. The lather has a nice slick that sticks and takes a little rinsing to wash off, which I like. It's very mild and I've noticed no sensitivity where some soaps will give me a slight hot sensation. This lather always feels cool and soothing on application for second and third passes. The soap scent is very similar to the splash and is a little less than medium on intensity.

I always use a Badger aftershave oil with splashes so that helps keep the splash sensation mild, but the Fine Lavender splash is great and a little less alcohol and menthol heat than other Fine splashes. If the Fine American blend or Platinum (I feel like their about equal) were a 8 on a heat scale of 10 I think this Lavender is a 7 or so. It has a very simple, even, scent that last very well and doesn't change at all, at least to me.

These are a great combo that I've really enjoyed so far.

I'm not sure. The splash is the tombstone style bottle. The soap is in the flimsy black plastic tub.
Nice.
Is it the new type or the discontinued ones? Haven't seen a review of the new ones.
I'm not sure. The splash is the tombstone style bottle. The soap is in the flimsy black plastic tub.
Enjoy while it lasts. The Lavender scent has been discontinued (both splash and soap)
What? That's a shame. I've tried the a good few of the Fine splashes and the Lavender is about my favorite.

Top Bottom