What's new

Mr brog

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
What is your budget range? If you don’t mind getting a little dirty restoring eBay pipes can save you some money.

Its on the lower end.but after looking at estate pipes on p&c i might be able to afford some nicer pipes soon.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Its on the lower end.but after looking at estate pipes on p&c i might be able to afford some nicer pipes soon.

DB24FC97-3F43-4A38-B278-D9F0E9F73CBF.png

I don’t own any Mr. Brog, but for 40 bucks a Rossi will serve you well and looks great to boot!

Never smoked a Mr. Brog, but I've heard decidedly mixed opinions - often inversely proportional to the smoker's level of experience. Those Rossis are cheap, no-nonsense smokers made from briar - I dont believe the Mr. Brogs are (not 100% sure on that last bit). You could do a lot worse for 40 bucks. I'll second the estate pipe suggestion...you can get well-made pipes for not a lot of dough, especially if you're willing to put a little elbow grease into them.

Bones or Rossi. Or a Sav unfinished.

Having all three, these would definitely be my choices as well.

The Morgan Bones are great smoking pipes, and the "surface defects" give the pipe character. Like the Savinelli Unfinished line, they will also darken over time.

I got my first Rossi over Christmas (a sitting pot), and it honestly doesn't seem all that different from my other Savinelli's.

Those Rossis are cheap, no-nonsense smokers made from briar - I dont believe the Mr. Brogs are (not 100% sure on that last bit).

Brog pipes are made from both Briar, and Pearwood. The cheapest of the pipes tend to be pearwood. If the Brog pipe you are looking at doesn't say it's made from briar, then it is pearwood.

I've picked up some great estate pipes on ebay for cheap. Some needed work, others were in good shape. Another option is paying attention to folks selling pipes on the various forums; there are good deals to be had. I have looked at Mr. Brog pipes but decided to go the Morgan Bones route. Or there are always the cobs!

Estates are a great option. Most of my collection is made up of them. Sometimes you get a stinker though. The pics don't always tell the full story. Then sometimes the pipe is nicer than in the pics.

I've acquired some nice estate pipes, very inexpensively, that have not needed a whole lot of work. I've been very happy with them.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
E3242CB7-BCFF-4BEB-B70E-7BB986400531.jpeg

Anyone have 400 smacks they can lend me? Maybe a 0.0% rate at 1200 months?

Top Bottom