What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: The Second Annual Reindeer & Sleigh Holiday Gift Exchange!

$1229151313.jpg

Hello!

Pardon the tardiness of this post. I went out of state to visit my family over Christmas and I just returned home last night and opened what remained under the tree. My buddy sent me a puck of Valobra Fougere soap! I had put this on my list because I have long been a fan of their soft soap, and I kept hearing rave reviews about their hard shaving soaps. I also received the "Millionare" soap from Italian Barber, with which I am completely unfamiliar. It smells great, though, and I look forward to trying it. Lastly, my secret buddy threw in some blade and cream samples, none of which I have tried. Thank you, secret buddy! I am really looking forward to some leisurely shaves during the rest of the break before I have to go back to school.

A very happy New Year to all!

I have not posted a picture but I did mention my gifts from my bingle buddy from Ohio.
Razo Rock tobacco soap, Razo Rock XXX soap and Captains Choice Bay Rum aftershave.

I cant post pictures from my phone since I switched from an Apple device to an Android device...have to look into this some more when I have a few moments to play around.

I'm glad you enjoyed your gift! Have a safe and happy new year!

Indeed! Sorry about that!!

Day 4
Dear Boudreaux, Mon Dieux!

I tol you no more friggin birds. Deez four, what you call dem "calling birds"
were so noisy you could hear dem all de way to Napoleonville. I used dere
necks formy crab traps, an fed de rest of dem to de gators.

​Day 5
Dear Boudreaux,

You finally sen' somethin useful. I like dem golden rings, me. I hocked dem
at da pawn shop in Thibodeaux and got enuf money to fix da shaft on my shrimp
boat an buy a round for da boys at de Raisin' Cane Lounge. Merci Beaucoup!

I apologize for the late posting, the wife and I decided to take a last minute trip for the holiday week and didn't plan ahead to have access to the internet. I did however take my gift with me and opened it on Christmas morning. I am truly amazed at the generosity of people here every day.

First, each gift was very nicely wrapped (I did not get a picture). A handwritten card was taped to the outside of the box, anything handwritten is always appreciated, thank you.

I found the following gifts awaiting and demanding immediate use on Christmas morning.

1. Pilot Parallel 3.8 mm. Wow, I have been wanting one to experiment with during my writing and I must say now I want each size!

2. Spencerian Penmanship Theory book. I have not used this yet but I am excited to see if it helps me make my handwriting better and truly my own unique style.

3. RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush. This is by far the best synthetic brush I have used! While I am a fan of badger, synthetics have become a necessity for me due to their drying time and being Active Military traveling a lot.

4. Last but not least a ZYLC Passport Traveler's Notebook. While I have never used a Midori Traveler's Notebook, the quality of this one is truly amazing! I have been using the Midori Passport MD notepads for awhile but now I have a place to carry and protect them! :thumbup1:

Thank you Jeffery (Jefhunter)!!!!!!

$image1.jpg

Glad you enjoy the gifts Justin (@smalldog57) I know what ya mean about the brush after seeing yours I ordered two more.... one for me and one for my son.

Sorry to be late, I'm still recovering from the mix of the holidays, the water in my basement from the Missouri floods, my January 1st inventory counting, and a nasty cold, my Bingle buddy was super generous, and getting all the gifts really was fun. I got an inepensive flashlight Id' asked for, and a MUCH nicer German made one that I hadn't but like quite a bit, a dremel stand, a Cabelas gift certificate, and, coolest of all, a set of pruning shears that were made by Wilkenson Sword.

Just to add a further thanks to my Bingle Buddy. I'm really enjoying the La Toja and Volobra sticks I've used so far.

+1... I have been thoroughly enjoying alternating between my Semogue 1800 and the Vie Long Horsehair brush. Almost done with the Stirling Sandalwood bath soap sample as well. Texlaw may have turned me into a convert.

On a sidenote, my youngest brother is looking to get into DE shaving so one of the Razorock soaps will be given to him since it should be a fairly easy soap to start off with regarding lathering and slickness.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the Fudge my buddy sent. It's very, very good. Some of the best Fudge I've ever had. I don't eat a lot of snacks, so it's lasting me a long time, which is a good thing. Thanks again for the homemade treat!

My vie-long horse hair is firmly entrenched in my rotation. It is almost as nice as my synthetics.

And the creams have been great. Can't keep my wife off me after using my DR. Harris Arlington. Enough so that I am going to have to get more at the end of my 2016 sabbatical.

Really liking the shaving bowl I got, use it every shave, I also tried the jar of Cumberland Sauce with some duck breast we cooked, quite nice actually:001_smile

My stalkee has posted on this page now, really pleased everything got there safely!

The folks below haven't checked in yet. Understanding how busy the holidays can get, we'll give them a few days to check in.

If you see your name listed below, and you've already told us what you got, or posted a video or picture, please let me know with a link to your post! It's very possible I may have missed one or two.

I updated Mr. B's table. It looks like 3 folks have not received yet, or haven't yet posted. I hope nothing is lost.

bach_rocksPic
bingo82dPost
@GreggJ
@OkieDave
@pbrmhl
rhtorasPic
SargonPost
smalldog27Pic

Since we're spontaneously posting updates (love it), allow me to thank Mike again. My wife loves the Alt Ins on me, which is great beause I can't get enough of it. I'm thinking of tracking down an atomizer so I can spray it.

I've also used both the Haslinger soaps a few times each. I love the Sandalwood, its kind of faint, and pairs well with the Captains Choice Sandalwood AS althiugh they're very different scents. The Coconut soap is a lather bomb, but the scent leaves a little to be desired. I'll still use it all up cause it's another fantastic Haslinger soap!

Also, since using the Feather/Merkur Slant for the first time, I haven't been able to convince myself to use anything different!!

Indeed, let me thank my (still unknown to me) Bingle buddy as well. The Alt Ins pre/post and the EdC are both fantastic and have offered up some great shaves.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
+1... I have been thoroughly enjoying alternating between my Semogue 1800 and the Vie Long Horsehair brush. Almost done with the Stirling Sandalwood bath soap sample as well. Texlaw may have turned me into a convert.

On a sidenote, my youngest brother is looking to get into DE shaving so one of the Razorock soaps will be given to him since it should be a fairly easy soap to start off with regarding lathering and slickness.

Conquering the word . . . one shaver at a time. :w00t:

I, myself, am having the time of my life playing with my new paper and inks. This is the first time I've ever written anything on this quality of paper, and I had no idea it would make such a difference. It's a whole new world.

I must admit, though, that I've so far failed to break into my samples, and I've no good reason at all for that. I pulled out my "sample" tin to load one up, and I see that I still have some Stirling Lavender Sage in there. I'm not tossing that out, so I'm gonna 3017 that baby (except for my Fat Tuesdays and Lime Fridays) and then work my way through those samples.

This is going to be wonderful, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it! I'm like . . . well . . . I'm like a kid at Christmas!

And the creams have been great. Can't keep my wife off me after using my DR. Harris Arlington. Enough so that I am going to have to get more at the end of my 2016 sabbatical.

I love Arlington and have found that it mixes well with other soaps and creams. I love nothing more than loading a brush with Proraso Green Soap and adding a dab of Arlington cream to the brush before face lathering.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the heck out of the Taconic Bay Rum Shampoo bar my buddy got me. Who would have thought...a shampoo bar...it is incredible in every way. Aside from scent and lather, the shampoo bar has the right amount of cleaning to clean out pomade, oil, whatever but not leave my hair or head all dry. (I feel kinda weird going on about how great a shampoo bar is so I'll stop now)

Top Bottom