What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: Reindeer & Sleigh - A Holiday Gift Exchange!

I suppose it's time for Mr. Bingle to chime in. Gentlemen and ladies, it has been a divine pleasure to facilitate this experience for you all. I've derived such joy and entertainment from your stalking, your guessing games, and your anticipation.

To Dane and John, I thank you for bringing this idea to the admin team. Admin team, I thank you for your blessing and allowing me to assume this alias.

I take comfort in knowing that in this world of uncertainty, despair, and evil, there are individuals who choose to rise above status quo. Men and ladies who choose to do good on purpose. This gift exchange has embodied the gentlemanly ideals set forth in this forum's mission. And I count it a privilege to know each of you.

With that said, I have a small confession to make. Late last week my wife received a package in our home. As stated earlier, I did not take part in the gift exchange part of the gift exchange, and my wife knew that's well. Since we ordered most of our presents online, she opened this mystery package with no extraordinary thought.

After a conversation in which I had to thoroughly convince my wife I was not participating in the exchange, it was discovered that a sneaky member of our group sent me a gift to express his appreciation.

His craftsmanship is outstanding, and his generosity is boundless.

Dane, thank you for this beautiful leather box. And thank you for your enthusiasm in setting up this exchange.

I appreciate you all. When I wish someone a Merry Christmas, I'm not forcing my values upon them. I simply mean that I wish peace, joy, and goodwill for you and yours. Merry Christmas all!
I'm glad you're enjoying Dane's Dopp Kit, serial number 2. Thanks for everything you've done!

Sorry I only got around to this now guys but I literally sprinted downstairs yesterday morning to open my gift from my secret buddy and was delighted to find these babies...

Sophia's Shop Vetiver, Bergamot, & Rose Glycerin Shave Soap and a Speick sample bar. Really looking forward to trying them both out. Thanks to my secret buddy!!! Also, thanks to the admins for making this thing a huge success, I'm sure it was no small feat!

Marino

$20141225_110746.jpg

Well, I finally have a minute to sit down and post my goodies. I am still blown away and speechless with the great stuff that Dustin (thinBLUEline89) sent to me. He has made this a very special Christmas.

Here's a picture of everything that was crammed into the box. There was NO extra space at all. It was packed full.

On the top was a wonderful Christmas Card.

As I dug deeper, I found goody after goody. Here's some more pictures with a full list at the bottom.

Here's the goodies:

Tea:
Teavana Sakure Allure Green Tea
Teavana Winter Berry Spice

Soap:
Caties Bubbles La Rose du Mechant
Maggards Cinnaconilla
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood
B&M Dickens
B&M Seville Sample
B&M Cheshire Sample

Aftershaves/Cologne:
Maggards London Barbershop
Fine - 6 Scent Sample
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Fountain Pen Paraphernalia:
Clairefontaine Triomphe Paper
Noodlers Air Corp Blue Black Sample
Noodlers Red Black Sample
Noodlers Black Eel Sample
Noodlers Midnight Blue Sample

He topped the whole thing off with a Tootsie Pop. I loved it. Dustin dug deep and found my love for tea, my love for trying artisan soaps, and found my new love for fountain pen stuff. I'm again blown away and blessed by this amazing gift. Thanks again Dustin.

So glad you enjoyed your gift, I think I had as much fun putting everything together as you did opening it! Use it good health and I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!!

So glad you enjoyed your gift, I think I had as much fun putting everything together as you did opening it! Use it good health and I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!!

I have enjoyed it very much. The tea is on deck for tomorrow. Already trying the aftershaves and love both the London Barbershop and the Fine Platinum. Thanks again!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Had my shave of the year right here

$IMG_20141227_192841.jpg

Valobra, German made Gillette DE Clone, PoliSilver blades, this was one heck of a great shave

I have enjoyed it very much. The tea is on deck for tomorrow. Already trying the aftershaves and love both the London Barbershop and the Fine Platinum. Thanks again!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Thanks Jeff! Glad you love the aftershaves, and Fine Platinum is one of my favorites as well. The winter berry spice tea is my favorite of all that I have had. Enough so that I went and bought a two pound bag of it :a54:

Is someone tracking packages opened and posted? Are we missing any from reported received? Can't wait to see everyone else's, hope all the packages arrive soon!

Is someone tracking packages opened and posted? Are we missing any from reported received? Can't wait to see everyone else's, hope all the packages arrive soon!
My gift box had yet to make an appearance, but that member hasn't logged in for a few days

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Same here. My recipient hasn't posted for a month, but has been online a few days ago. Hopefully my package has made it through (mailed in Nov).

I am a little bit late but here are the gifts from my Secret Santa! Huge thanks to you, I am particularly happy to have my very first boar brush:

$DSCN7450.jpg

Top Bottom