What's new

Moving back to carts - what is the overall best (quality / price / longevity) non-Gillette system to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple times. I probably needed to rinse the Trac II and bang it against the side of the sink a half dozen times in a single pass shave. Just take a close look at one of those cartridges and compare it to a Fusion. The blades are much closer together and there isn't much room for shave cream and beard residue to pass through. During Desert Storm, the U.S. Army provided special brushes that suction cup attached to the pop up stoppers of sinks just to help the soldiers clear out the Trac II razors without using a ton of water they were so notorious for clogging.
Never have a problem with trac ii clogging, Gillette or personna brand,maybe shave lather is to thick? Shaving every day not one problem, for me that is a fact and I have a course gray and white beard.

My experience has been similar, although I started out with "cartridge and no technique." Once I learned technique (both actual shaving and beard/face prep) by switching to DE, any problems I had with cartridges pretty much went away.
Honestly I don't know how you can apply "technique" with a cartridge razor. The biggest part of technique, blade angle, is nullified by the pivoting head and the angle that the blades are fixed in the cartridge.

At this point you guys are just talking non-sense.

Honestly I don't know how you can apply "technique" with a cartridge razor. The biggest part of technique, blade angle, is nullified by the pivoting head and the angle that the blades are fixed in the cartridge.

At this point you guys are just talking non-sense.
How many of you so called shaving gurus talk about how you get very uncomfortable shaves with a cart, I guess you have bad technique? I think some people started shaving well after carts hit the market and now they are de experts. Why not just admit some people like myself get very good shaves with a straight razor, a de razor and a cartridge razor. We must have technique don’t you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom