What's new

Movember 2018

However many folks may do something here remains to be seen. Meanwhile, I have joined a team at my employer.

I'm in for the full beard. I will shave tonight (cheeks/neck), and trim my circle beard down to a #3 on my hair clippers, maybe a #2. I'll probably keep for 6 months. My 9 year old daughter told my 15 year old son "I can't wait for November so that our dad will grow his full beard back" lol.

I've got a Movember page started and raising funds. I shaved my 2 year old beard off tonight and am growing a stach for Movember! Sadly I will only have some baby curls going for a handlebar in three weeks. I'll start the beard back in December. (I do mainly only come here for the brown leaf these days...) But I've been getting some positive feedback from being clean shaved from coworkers so maybe it will stay that way a little longer.

My wife cried this morning when she saw the mug and brush out of storage. I had security called on me at work and the liquor store said I had a fake ID! I look like I'm 20 when I shave. I'm 35. I had close friends drop things when I say hello and I've gotten five phone numbers from ladies and young men at happy hour this evening. It is crazy!

Since we are a site full of shaving enthusiasts, I shaved it all off with my great-grandfather's Fatboy and Arko. My face has been cold :(

When i was a cartridge shaver November was my favorite month. I would take a shave vacation and love it. Now, I have some concerns as shaving is one of my favorite activities. I appreciate what movember stands for, raising awareness of men's health issues. I've decided to go with a gotee for a while maybe later switching over to just a mustache.
Here is day one.
20181101_121015.jpg
Anyone else doing a November thing?

Yup.

Shaved my goatee off in September to practice my SR technique. Growing it back in Movember.

Last night I was already missing my shaves so did a second full SR shave, the last whole-face shave. No cuts but it seems that that's just too much and the alum was agony all over.

Still, not shaving this morning was so sad ...

I trimmed the beard to a 0.5mm guard on sunday.

Will be growing a full beard until the summer. Maybe some trimming in January. Let's see how it goes.

Top Bottom