What's new

Moved, swmbo digging her heels in!

Well our new house was built, we sold our old house and last Friday moved into a shinny, brand new, untouched house. I packed all my shaving gear securely, banned anyone from touching it, and it all arrived the few miles to the new house safely.
Here the problems began, I have been told that my shaving gear must be kept out of sight, no hanging my strop in the spare room, no straights left out in the bathroom, and no honing in the kitchen. After quite a few discussions, i have been told all things razor wise must be done behind closed doors in my study, anything outside this area will be deemed trash to swmbo. And I thought I was moving to my dream home ;)

I have been told...

Marriage....

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I think strops hanging on a wall looks nice IMO. My condolences.

Sorry to hear. My house has a "no straights/strop displayed" rule also. I am permitted to leave a few brushes out in the bathroom though.

Just remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Start trashing her junk she leaves out since its her rule.

My girlfriend has a bit of perspective since before she knew about the razor thing, I've had a sword rack. Razors are small time after that.

My SWMBO also doesn't like me to leaving my honing stuff in the living room, but she hasn't threatened to throw my babies away!:crying::crying::cursing: Good luck with this, Mmack66 has it right...shave cave!!!:001_tt2:

-Matt-

Sounds like you're free to turn the study into a razor centric shrine, with cabinets full of razors and strops aplenty

just remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Start trashing her junk she leaves out since its her rule.

war!!!! :w00t:

While I like the idea in theory, this could be a long long war of attrition. It does sound very fair though.

I'm lucky, my GF likes having my strop and stand of straights out. She claims that they make her feel she lives with a real man. I'm not sure I would go that far, but I'm I still feel lucky that she is into my hobby.

I keep my stuff out of sight because I have a 3 year old... razors sitting out? NO WAY! I have a nice razor box and that's where they stay unless I am honing/stropping them or shaving with them. My strop hangs in the closet amongst my cloths (cloths are parted, I strop, cloths are returned), and my "bench strop" (piece of leather) is in a drawer (pulled out, used, put back). I do have a brush that sits out with my shave mug next to my shave box, but that's all that's visible!

Ouch. For awhile just bite the bullet and then start leaving one or two things out and see what happens. That may work out for you if you do it over time.

so many things I'd like to say............

tell her she has to keep her razor, shaving cream and make-up in a room at the other end of the house, to carry back and forth with her to the bathroom every time she wants to use it. Think she'd agree to it? I bet not.

Top Bottom