What's new

Moustache Wax -- Scented or unscented?

Scented or unscented moustache wax?

• Total voters
I prefer unscented, but not a hard line for me. Haven't needed wax since masking all day makes it a mute issue. When we get out of masking I'll let the handles grow out again. For now a cookie duster style 'stache is it.

I've been making my own mustache wax for several years, but haven't needed it for the last two with masks being a thing. But I add some essential oils. Usually some florals and citruses like rose, ylang-ylang, bergamot, and lime. Finely ground myrrh is nice too. But I try to err on the side of subtlety. My current tin has lost most of its odor.

I have used scented and unscented no difference for me. In my experience the scent does not last that long.

In these times I have to ware a mask at work, this makes my upper lip look like a wild walrus. The next step is to let it grow longer and have the moustache come out the sides.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I believe that there's no such thing as "unscented mustache wax".
I mean, there's mustache wax that isn't "perfumy", but even something unscented stuck right under your nostrils is going to have an odor.
It's all a matter of what you prefer to smell.

I focus more on hold strength than scent. If it doesn't keep the stache ends up and in place I don't care what it smells like. Right now using WSP Hercules hold tobacco scent because it was on a dented tin sale. It indeed does have a Hercules hold.

Top Bottom