What's new

Moustache razor?

Merkur makes one for eyebrows and mustaches. I've never had a use so I've no idea of it is really useful, but they make one...

The only one I've seen is the Merkur one. I had it and did NOT like it at all. I thought it would be cool to have because it has a really small/narrow end and slightly larger (but still smaller) end. I thought it would be handy to trim around the mouth, near the nose and to tame the United-brow. The problem with it was that it uses only a Merkur proprietary blade and that blade is not sharp. Using the little thing was very uncomfortable ...and it didn't do anything that I couldn't do as well or WAY better with a shavette or regular DE.

I was able to buy one fairly cheaply (I think I paid $15 on eBay) but the 10 pack of blades was $10 no matter what.

I had a nice one that was made in Japan. Can't remember the maker though

proxy.php

Is it hard to find blades for?
Ive never seen one in person, and i dont know how the caps fit to the baseplate, but with that being said...

It seems to me that if one were so inclined, one could make a "template" of sorts and cut down a standard DE blade to fit...maybe? Im not sure if it would work or not, but it might be worth a shot...maybe?

Ive never seen one in person, and i dont know how the caps fit to the baseplate, but with that being said...

It seems to me that if one were so inclined, one could make a "template" of sorts and cut down a standard DE blade to fit...maybe? Im not sure if it would work or not, but it might be worth a shot...maybe?

Maybe? You can certainly trim a DE blade with a pair of scissors.

But, if you trimmed down a reguldar DE blade, wouldn't the slot running through tyhe middle cause the whole thing to come apart?

proxy.php

Looks like Merkur has a proprietary balde:
proxy.php

Yeah , I always thought they must be for pencil moustaches or something ... (Merkur has the only one I've seen .)

$136x.jpg$merkur-moustache-eyebrow-razor-large.png$waters-186bb082608.jpg$th-22.jpeg

Or Charlie Chaplin's / Adolf ... , but a DE can surely do the trick . Not a Fan ... . But Chaplin's Hat is Cool !

​West Coast Shaving has the razors and blades in stock , check under beard or moustache . I knew I'd seen them somewhere .

i use one for detail work that is hard to do with my comparatively bulky DE razors. the small side can be used to remove individual hairs. i was surprised how small these are. they are basically a tiny 3 piece razor, the wide side is maybe between a 1/4 and 1/2 and inch and the small side in like 1/8. the cheapest place to get a 10 pack of blades is AoS... $6 (everyplace else is $10).
****it may be the only thing cheaper at AoS. :tongue_sm

Is it hard to find blades for?

Merkur is the only major blade maker that offers a blade for that type of razor.

Most online vendors stock them or can get them for you

it is a 3 piece just like a normal 3 piece but it uses a specialty blade.

This is the pic from the BST listing where I sold my "stash" razor which shows how it comes apart

proxy.php

I have the Merkur model. Nice for trimming and where my DE would hit my glasses. I find shaving first with my DE as close as I can then using the Merkur to get in close and trim up works best.

Tom

Top Bottom