What's new

Mostly plastic tto

Tonight I bought a shady plastic tto from a dollar store on the lower east side of nyc of all places. It has xd on the endcaps. Endcaps are plated plastic, the blade mounting bar inside is plated plastic, tto knob is plastic, plate/safety bar s plastic, doors seem to be paper thin metal, handle is plastic I THINK but it may be aluminum. Seems aggressive. Will give it a shot and report back.
proxy.php

Last edited:
I just gave it a shot as I had a lot of growth. It did a really really good job. It's a bit of a headache to use though as it is very aggressive yet it also doesn't do the best job of pinning the blade in there firm. You sorta need to make sure the blade is flush with the mounting bar inside when you flip it to use the other edge but after that it will not move. I can't lie, it got me as smooth as an expensive razor would.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Yes, you can see the milky plastic under a bad bit of plating!

proxy.php
My attempt to show blade gap.

Terrifying thing to shave with, plus all I had around were fresh feathers. If this were even all aluminum and in drug stores for a tenner I think it'd do damage. As it is, it is mostly just really shady. Paid $2.99 in the dollar store fwiw. As aggressive as Mike Tyson in the first round. Still like it better than a fusion.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom