What's new

Most you have spent at one time on shave gear?

I have all the razors I want and thankfully I never was able to deal with the learning curve on straights. I have spent a fair amount of money over the years and the most spent was 150.00 on a razor several years ago.

Yesterday I was in a shop and watched a fellow enthusiast drop, lets say much more than 500.00 at once. I don't want to say exactly how much or the location because he might be a member and it's his business. However, I am curious what's the most you have ever spent at once?

Names and locations of said purchase may remain private due to repercussions from significant others finding out.:lol:

Wow..that's a lot on one purchase. The most I've spent at once was around $75 bucks on a few different soaps. Im sure thats nothing compared to most guys here. I typically like to spend no more than around $30 at a time, every few months or so.

£40 on my Gillette Fatboy, most I have spent on soaps was £20 on Gingers Garden Tobacco Soap with After shave splash. I am getting a £30 brush and a £40 scuttle for xmas off my better half though [emoji1303]

I'm embarrassed to admit that I spent $230 on a King Cobra razor when they first came out. However, shipping was free, so I probably saved about $5.

I've had two custom Tim Zowada straight razors made. You guess the amount?

I bet you were somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500-2000.. The high end neighborhood.. I almost bought one when I was trying straights. He is an unbelievable artist and from my limited knowledge one of most highly regarded. Congrats, I consider that an investment.:001_smile

On advice of council, I claim my rights under the 5th amendment and refuse to answer.

proxy.php

Thiers Issard 11/16" Grelot Crown Silver Wing Limited Edition. I can't say $ because if my wife finds out how much I paid, as the Queen of Hearts said, "Off with her/his head!"

Instead of using my own card, I buy a pre-paid of 50$. This way I have to include my purchases, tax and shipping and all inside of that budget. When I like something I get carried away! I walked into a shop yesterday and noticed a beautiful acoustic guitar, and when the guy came over and asked if I'd like to try it out, I just said "No, go ahead and ring it up!" I would do that if I walked the streets of London certainly with all it's shaving glory!

I bet you were somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500-2000.. The high end neighborhood.. I almost bought one when I was trying straights. He is an unbelievable artist and from my limited knowledge one of most highly regarded. Congrats, I consider that an investment.:001_smile
Family heirlooms

On advice of council, I claim my rights under the 5th amendment and refuse to answer.

proxy.php

I probably should just agree with this response, but the most I spent was just under $150 for a Feather AS-D2 (which, despite my best attempts to love my extravagant purchase was probably my least favorite razor and most regretted purchase - but I traded it for a razor I love, so the story has a happy ending for me).

Close to $500 in about 6 months when I first started, kinda went off the wagon...

Fortunately I found a group, and am now a proud minimalist :thumbup:

Top Bottom