What's new

Most unique razor you use

I have a shoulderless Johan Engstrom that is a little unusual. You see a lot of Engstrom framebacks but not too many that are hollow ground. But the thing thay makes this razor special in my mind is that the spine is very skinny (and it wasn't abused, it had almost no honewear when I found it). The bevel angle is about 13 degrees! For reference, most razors tend to shave best with a bevel angle between 16 and 17.5. I may hone it with tape eventually to bump the angle up but it shaves great now and holds its edge admirably.
20211030_100723.jpg

I have a shoulderless Johan Engstrom that is a little unusual. You see a lot of Engstrom framebacks but not too many that are hollow ground. But the thing thay makes this razor special in my mind is that the spine is very skinny (and it wasn't abused, it had almost no honewear when I found it). The bevel angle is about 13 degrees! For reference, most razors tend to shave best with a bevel angle between 16 and 17.5. I may hone it with tape eventually to bump the angle up but it shaves great now and holds its edge admirably.
View attachment 1374436
Spoke too soon, should have said "mostly admirably." Found a little chippiness out at the toe so I took it to the hones tonight.

A Gillette Blue Tip "Rocket" - made in England.

I haven't seen too many Rocket versions of it.

My daily razor is a RR Mamba, but this one makes an appearance every so often when I get on vintage kick.

PXL_20211208_023110339.jpg

Top Bottom