What's new

Most unique razor you use

I've seen several threads over the years where people post the most unique razors they've found. Most of these unique razors had a short commercial life because they weren't great to shave with for various reasons, and I have plenty of those that are fun to collect. That got me to thinking, what are some of the more unique razors people own that they actually use?

I'd say the most unique one that I use (and could even be a daily driver) is the ATT Calypso SE1 in aluminum. I don't know how long it was produced, but it's no longer on the website. It's unique in the sense not a lot of people love shaving with Artist Club style SE razors, and not a lot of people like aluminum razors. So merge the two together, and I understand why it's no longer available. However, I find the aluminum to be just the right weight for the blades. The Feather AC blades are so sharp, I get a nearly flawless 2 pass shave with it. I'd be afraid the much heavier stainless steel version (which is still for sale) would be too heavy resulting in blade irritation for me. Before buying the ATT, I tried the Cobra in a pass-around and found it to be harsh. I also bought a Hawk v1.0 in aluminum (which is also unique because it had a short run before being redesigned), but I find it to be less comfortable compared to the ATT.

So I'd love to see what unusual razors you all have that you actually use. This is obviously a stock picture--but mine looks exactly like this one.

proxy.php

I have a Cobra Classic single edge. Was Uber expensive when I picked it up about 10 years ago and tbh I only used it a handful of times, the last time being about 5 years ago. It now lives in my razor drawer waiting for a rainy day!

Remember it giving a great shave but feather blades being hard to come by so must have shelved it for this reason

Honestly as lame as it sounds, my Gillette Super Speed. It's funky, it opens, it looks big, shaves kinda weird, but always works and never lets me down.

Reactions: Anu
My most unique razor is the Paradigm SE. Artist club blades, Ti, Cap slides off, and just the overall shave itself is unique. While it is on the mild side, to me it’s the safest razor to use, even safer than cartridges and shaves just as close or closer. It’s a cool razor and happy I own one but I don’t use it much. I’ve never even considered selling it.

Two Paradigm razors have been mentioned. I admit I’ve never heard of them before. The website shows they launched a new razor in 2020, but nothing is in stock either in their website or elsewhere. Did they close up shop?

Two Paradigm razors have been mentioned. I admit I’ve never heard of them before. The website shows they launched a new razor in 2020, but nothing is in stock either in their website or elsewhere. Did they close up shop?

They have been around since 2016-ish. They typically do limited numbers and unique materials (titanium, 17-4 SS). The limited numbers and some shave-drama, it's uncertain if they will make more razors or not.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You will see me use these two razors every once in a while and they give excellent shaves. They are almost perfect & work very well IMO. Both these razors are creations of Tom White who has made a lot of working proto type razors in small batches. Tom is a gifted machinist who is a razor enthusiast designer & collector of vintage razors.
(Click to enlarge picture)
TNNSER(Toms No Name Single Edge Razor) Tom did not know what to call it so his shaving buddy's named it for him. He made the first 2 proto types from Aluminum and brass. When 3D printers came easy available they made a different version you see in picture.
TARMAX- Tom's Adjustable Razor MAXimum adjustment. 1of 4 proto types for this DE model made that I won in a Raffle fund raiser.
The TARMAX also comes in 2 other models, Schick injector blade and Gem blade razors and are all working models and are being tested by his shaving buddy's through pass arounds.
Tom White 3D Printed razor TNNSER.jpg
Tom White TARMAX creation 4.jpg

Have some great shaves!

After trying a good number of razors, I pretty much culled the herd.

These days I am down to my ‘most unique’ razor, my ’daily driver,’ a Wolfman WR1 SB in polished SS.

I also have a ‘travel razor,’ a Lord L6, which is about as far from ‘unique’ as you can get.

Super smooth shaving Wilkinson Empire.
Sharpenable Wedge blade and self stropping roller system for daily edge maintenance
Spiral comb that rolls across your face on an axis. Set screw for adjusting blade gap.
King of cool head turning looks.
A “Gear Head’s” dream machine.
CC2AF829-4123-47FB-B33B-00DB6FA1B2B1.jpeg

You will see me use these two razors every once in a while and they give excellent shaves. They are almost perfect & work very well IMO. Both these razors are creations of Tom White who has made a lot of working proto type razors in small batches. Tom is a gifted machinist who is a razor enthusiast designer & collector of vintage razors.
(Click to enlarge picture)
TNNSER(Toms No Name Single Edge Razor) Tom did not know what to call it so his shaving buddy's named it for him. He made the first 2 proto types from Aluminum and brass. When 3D printers came easy available they made a different version you see in picture.
TARMAX- Tom's Adjustable Razor MAXimum adjustment. 1of 4 proto types for this DE model made that I won in a Raffle fund raiser.
The TARMAX also comes in 2 other models, Schick injector blade and Gem blade razors and are all working models and are being tested by his shaving buddy's through pass arounds.
View attachment 1355119 View attachment 1355120
Have some great shaves!
I love that single edge--I'd buy one of those!

I've seen several threads over the years where people post the most unique razors they've found. Most of these unique razors had a short commercial life because they weren't great to shave with for various reasons, and I have plenty of those that are fun to collect. That got me to thinking, what are some of the more unique razors people own that they actually use?

I'd say the most unique one that I use (and could even be a daily driver) is the ATT Calypso SE1 in aluminum. I don't know how long it was produced, but it's no longer on the website. It's unique in the sense not a lot of people love shaving with Artist Club style SE razors, and not a lot of people like aluminum razors. So merge the two together, and I understand why it's no longer available. However, I find the aluminum to be just the right weight for the blades. The Feather AC blades are so sharp, I get a nearly flawless 2 pass shave with it. I'd be afraid the much heavier stainless steel version (which is still for sale) would be too heavy resulting in blade irritation for me. Before buying the ATT, I tried the Cobra in a pass-around and found it to be harsh. I also bought a Hawk v1.0 in aluminum (which is also unique because it had a short run before being redesigned), but I find it to be less comfortable compared to the ATT.

So I'd love to see what unusual razors you all have that you actually use. This is obviously a stock picture--but mine looks exactly like this one.

proxy.php
I still use a Hoffritz slanted edge de that I purchased 5-0 years ago.

Top Bottom