What's new

Most ridiculous priced & worst razor thread

Hmm, if we're all thinking about the same person I've been wondering about him for the same reason. How does one 'couple' get sooooo many "Mint" condition razors, it's just not possible, is it?
He liked them so much he bought the factory, before they dismantled it and is making his own?

On that note whats the forum rules on mentioning his name, is he here or something?

Sorry no worst razor from me today, taken a break from looking, last week was expensive :eek: and I'm not good at window shopping :drool:

If you're talking about CFM, none of you know what you're talking about. They do not replate razors. They do spend hours cleaning and polishing them and they do get quite a few mint razors to sell from collector's. I have bought many razors from them and they are not replated even though they look pretty darn good. And yes they have stated more then once that they do not replate razors. If you don't like them because they are so successful, just say so.

Len

If you're talking about CFM, none of you know what you're talking about. They do not replate razors. They do spend hours cleaning and polishing them and they do get quite a few mint razors to sell from collector's. I have bought many razors from them and they are not replated even though they look pretty darn good. And yes they have stated more then once that they do not replate razors. If you don't like them because they are so successful, just say so.
Len

Yes, but hey don't get so upset about it :001_huh: . I was just asking the question, it just seemed odd to me that there were some many nice ones. I would have bought one myself and have bid on quite a few, just to expensive for me. Personally don't care if they're replated, long as it says so and you know before buying. m'kay. :001_smile

Anyway this doesn't fit in this thead and I've made it go way OT, this thread is for BAD (Naughty, Bad razor) razors that are overpriced to the max.

Ok so a new contender including some of the worst pictures I've ever NOT seen :frown2:,
at least you got more than one razor. Hmm and wow, that last one looks suspiciously Bulgarian even!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-13-R...ZAU_Shaving?hash=item3a5993cbd2#ht_500wt_1182

EDIT: Just to note I'm not claiming credit for this find, I found it in another thread which I just read the rest
of and as I read it the original asking price was a whopping $750 !! :a47::a47::a47: You could :a30: and I 'd be less shocked
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1733

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread! It's always humorous to see charlatans on eBay trying to make an extra buck (or $200+) on old/used/rusty versus collectible items.

Very entertaining, thank you!

Yesterday while in an antique store I saw a double duck in a case. I opened it up and half the balde was chipped off. The price was 85.00

Yesterday while in an antique store I saw a double duck in a case. I opened it up and half the balde was chipped off. The price was 85.00

I've seen a few like that for sale. I cringe when I see a straight razor with an edge shaped like a mountain range. Can you imagine lifting that thing up to your face?

Is there a rule against that here?
Yes. There is a rule specifically prohibiting linking to live auctions.

From the FAQ:

6. Avoid posting links to live auctions on eBay or other sites (both to prevent endless advertisement of listings, but also in case a fellow member is hoping to get their bid in under the radar!).

Yes. There is a rule specifically prohibiting linking to live auctions.

From the FAQ:

6. Avoid posting links to live auctions on eBay or other sites (both to prevent endless advertisement of listings, but also in case a fellow member is hoping to get their bid in under the radar!).

Can one make mention of his own ebay listings in the classified section?

For example, Member King of Badger & Blade posts, "I've got a number of things for sale on ebay; my seller name there is king of the world."

Last edited:
Can one make mention of his own ebay listings in the classified section?

For example, Member King of Badger & Blade posts, "I've got a number of things for sale on ebay; my seller name there is king of the world."
No links to live auctions. And I do believe that if you were to make such a post referencing a buy it now, it might be edited. But you could put something up on the BST, and mention you do have it for sale elsewhere. That way if it sells elsewhere you can just withdraw it.

The BST exists as a forum for members to buy-sell-trade, not drive their eBay biz. PM a mod for the best explanation.

Now if you were a vendor posting in the vendor forum, it would be another matter.

Wow, what an entertaining and “gentlemanly” thread this is! Let’s pass judgment and dole out some verbal punishment on these rotten to the core eBay sellers based solely on their listings! Hell, that’s all I need to size up someone’s character to cast some well-deserved aspersions their way.

You guys whine and complain when an eBay seller posts poor quality pictures, doesn’t clean the razor, and then call them idiots. You whine and complain when a seller cleans the razor the best he probably knew how, and call him a moron. You whine and complain when a seller cleans the razors properly, posts excellent pictures, sells them for top dollar, and call him a scam artist. You take umbrage because a seller uses the term “my friend” and has grammatical errors in his listings. Look around, my friends, half the posts at this forum are rife with spelling errors and bad punctuation.

I myself was accused of lying and deceptive practices in this thread by someone who doesn’t even know me or all of the details of the transaction that took place. Now, that’s exhibiting true gentlemanly behavior!

But, hey, whatever you guys need to do to boost your own self esteem…

Excellent. :thumbup1: I think this goes for all sorts of things, though, not just posts at this site.

Top Bottom