What's new

Most Relaxing Video - Mama Bear Shaving Soap

Ok, I went to Mama Bear's site, and I watched the video they have embedded in the page showing soap lathering.

I just about fell asleep from watching it, it's so relaxing.

Here it is. Enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]mDsptQLRA00[/YOUTUBE]

I've been meaning to watch that... every time I go to Mama Bear's site, I'm too busy shopping to stop and watch a video! So now I know... it really DOES lather up nice... it's just too bad I can't stop in and smell them in person to choose a scent. Luckily for me, I'm not picky. :)

man they mash that poor little brush like its being punished...id be afraid to brak all the bristles off

Ok, so I'm not the only one who thought their technique was a little different. I can't imagine this hurting any bristles... if your brush is that brittle, it's time to replace it anyway! By the end of this vid I was thinking I've never had a lather that nice before... is it the soap or the technique that I need to change? Probably the soap for me since I'm only using Proraso cream or VDH Deluxe (both of which I think are good, but not top of the line).

That looks like a PCPenworks silvertip (TGN silvertip in custom wood handle). The loft on those tends to be quite high. 60ish mm. So it really does have to be "mashed" in to load. Don't worry. That's not a lot of force, the brush just splays really easily... and if the knot gets wrecked after years of doing that there are $30 replacement knots readily available.

Top Bottom