What's new

Most Over-rated Cream/Soap

Well Brandon's under-rated thread instantly made me think of a lot more contentious thread topic:

What do you think is the most over-rated, over-hyped shave cream or soap?

From what I have used to date I would cast a vote for Tom's Peppermint. Compared to everything else I have tried, it is by far my least favorite, least fun cream.

Naturally every post in this thread should end with YMMV, IMHO, ASAP, PDQ, XYZ, etc...:001_smile

ada8356 said:
Well Brandon's under-rated thread instantly made me think of a lot more contentious thread topic:

What do you think is the most over-rated, over-hyped shave cream or soap?

From what I have used to date I would cast a vote for Tom's Peppermint. Compared to everything else I have tried, it is by far my least favorite, least fun cream.

Naturally every post in this thread should end with YMMV, IMHO, ASAP, PDQ, XYZ, etc...:001_smile

I am with you on Tom's peppermint. Uninspiring, unrefreshing, smells like chewed Wrigley's gum...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I like the Trumper's violet, but it's not the be all and end all that some make it out to be. Gives a decent shave, and scent is always subjective.

I dislike GFT Violet so much that I'll have to cast a second vote for it. Shame they couldn't come up with a cream that performed as good as it smelled:thumbdown

I'll second on the C&E Almond Cream and I'm not real crazy about the Nomad Soap. I get a great lather with the soap, but its missing something. The best way to describe is, the slip is missing (glycerin or bentonite clay)?

CraigK

I tried Nancy Boy from the sample set from Scotto. I was as disappointed in it as much as I was delighted with the C&E Almond Oil when I first got it.

I think it has to do with expectations (at least in my case). The C&E was such a pleasant surprise that I almost started laughing. But it was my first high end cream.

I had read such ecstatic reviews of the Nancy Boy before it arrived that it couldn't possibly live up to my image.

Bob

Top Bottom