What's new

Most "natural" soap

ok boys and girls....

what are the most natural soaps out there? I kind of like looking on the ingredient list and saying to myself "i know what that is".

I have found a good cream Weleda. but not a solid soap yet.

I'm working on some recipes, and mailing out this week, and hopefully soon I'll become a vendor on the site and have handmade cold process "natural" shaving soaps to offer y'all. Although I do use fragrance oil in them and those are synthetic but it's a small amount, and I do have a few essential oils or it can be left unscented.

I make mine the old fashioned way with oils and lye and I depend on the different oils and the amount of each oils used used to get the desired lather and properties.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1310339&postcount=86
Above is a link to a photo of one of the soaps that is being tested......

now if your looking for a commercially made soap or other vendors, I don't have an answer for you but someone else will i'm sure.

Last edited:
Neal's Yard Remedies makes a soap that's pretty simple. The ingredients list is: Vegetable soap base (palm oil and palm kernel oil), wheatgerm oil, lavender essential oil.

Frankly, though, I don't think it's a particularly good shaving soap. I'd suggest maybe Pre de Provence?

ok boys and girls....

what are the most natural soaps out there? I kind of like looking on the ingredient list and saying to myself "i know what that is".

I have found a good cream Weleda. but not a solid soap yet.

Blue don't be afraid of some of the scary names, Just pop them into google and that can help get you sorted out.

Soaps are fat and an alkaline agent, the resulting salts have some long chemical names but can be all natural. What are you looking for in a soap?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Blue don't be afraid of some of the scary names, Just pop them into google and that can help get you sorted out.

Soaps are fat and an alkaline agent, the resulting salts have some long chemical names but can be all natural. What are you looking for in a soap?

+1

http://cosmeticdatabase.com/ is usualy the website I use as a reference to understand what I use... That is, if you have time on your hands...

I just bought the Valobra almond soft soap ( Crema disapone purissima ) yesterday and (at least here in Germany) it can be considered natural cosmetics by official standards:

POTASSIUM COCOATE, POTASSIUM PALMITATE, POTASSIUM STEARATE, GLYCERIN, PALMITIC ACID, SODIUM COCOATE, STEARIC ACID, SODIUM PALMITATE, SODIUM STEARATE, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARFUM

It's a winter soap, smelling like a whole bar of pure marzipan. But apart from that it's probably the best combination of a great shave and harmless ingredients. I really can do without petroleum jelly on my skin.

B

BrightFutur

DA CUBE!

I don't know if you would want to bust out the cube, but I remember that 'super natural minimal ingredients' has always been part of the pitch on Hydrolast products.

I'm not a label memorizer, but L'Occitane prides itself on delivering very natural products. the bonus is that the shaving soap (the only non-tallow soap I use) is absolutely splendiferous!

Top Bottom