What's new

Most Manly/Masculine Smelling Creams?

I found that Ghost Town Barber by CF and it sounds just great!
Someone suggested Spanish Leather on Amzn. Are there any others?
I'm talking something like a cream that has
leather, maybe tobacco, maybe some woodsy scent, earthy, cedar or pine, a little smoke? Maybe something different and out of the ordinary. Rose and Vanilla smell great, but looking for something not so sweet.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Does my new Badger brush's weird SMELL ever go away??! It's still hanging in there after 8 shaves.

Anything woodsy is manly in my opinion. However, I'm sure others may have a different idea of what is a manly scent.

The smell on the brush will get better with use. It just takes a while. There are suggestions on the site for ways to shorten the time it takes to smell better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

woodsy = manly; I agree. Just recently discovered what sage and patchouli smell like and I like them.
Maybe that Ghost Town stuff will do it for me. There's a little soap making company with a unique name, that makes the perfect soap with all those notes I described while throwing in some gunpowder and campfire but they don't make a shaving cream or aftershave with it. Pity. They'd make millions.

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Here's a shot at an answer.

Lavender-mint, like Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge, or rosemary-mint
Incense/Frankincense, like I Coloniali Mango oil soap and IC Rhubarb cream,
Citrus plus wood, like Penhligon's Belenheim Bouquet (or is that 'Bucket' lol).
Sandalwood and its many variations
Lime
Spice scents, like Old Spice
Rose with woody or geranium scents, like sandlewood-rose, MdC, or Harris 29 if it indeed smells like the almond soap.
Dark rose, like Czech and Speake 88

Cheers, Steve

Thanks @Steve56 . I'll check into those. I have 3 diff. kinds of Sandalwood and love them.
I got a weird/far out one yesterday, Achilles Soap of the gods. . . and wasn't crazy about the extreme whisky scent that knocks you over...so I mixed in some cedarwood and sandalwood in with it...making it tone down the whisky and bring to the front the other two. Now if I could just add some smoke and leather... :a11:

I love DR Harris "Marlborough" .. woodsy, cedar, a touch of tobacco and a wisp of smoke. Not in your face manly but not sweet or citrusy. It's my daily soap for winter, I haven't tried the cream but by all accounts it's good.

Jermyn Street by Taylor of Old Bond Street is pretty manly

~J. Babcock
Foxhole Shavers Club (16yr USAF, currently MSgt OKANG)

I love DR Harris "Marlborough" .. woodsy, cedar, a touch of tobacco and a wisp of smoke. Not in your face manly but not sweet or citrusy. It's my daily soap for winter, I haven't tried the cream but by all accounts it's good.
Second favorite soap. I was given a sample a while back and found it to be excellent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok, I bought the Dr Harris Marlborough. . . based on this description
'woodsy, cedar, a touch of tobacco and a wisp of smoke' and that more than
one recmmd it. Also the Spanish Leather. Now I'll have to get me some
Hai Karate aftershave, which was all the rage circa 1970.
Just kidding on the Hai Karate.

As far as masculine goes for me woodsy is nice as another said smokey scents are masculine an dont mind those the scent only lingers during a shave and maybe a tiny bit after...there are some pretty masculine musks around eg tabac...tobs jermyn street is masculine yet very pleasing its my gf,mother,grandmar,cousin,friends and one shop owner at a barber stores fave scent its hard to describe its a bit colognish but in a good way tbh its the best cream ive smelt that many agree with ...ymmv

So can anyone describe what this Jermyn St. TOBS smells like? I looked at Amzn and they didn't
say much, just that everyone said it does smell good. What does it have, Sandalwood? Cedar? Tobacco? Vanilla? Smoky? Someone about has me talked into the Castle Forbes Sndlwood/Cedar.

Ok, I bought the Dr Harris Marlborough. . . based on this description
'woodsy, cedar, a touch of tobacco and a wisp of smoke' and that more than
one recmmd it.
i hope you really enjoy it. The 'Marlborough" A/S splash is really good too.. Did you order the soap or cream?

Jermyn Street by Taylor of Old Bond Street is pretty manly

~J. Babcock
Foxhole Shavers Club (16yr USAF, currently MSgt OKANG)

jermyn street is masculine yet very pleasing its my gf,mother,grandmar,cousin,friends and one shop owner at a barber stores fave scent its hard to describe its a bit colognish but in a good way tbh its the best cream ive smelt that many agree with ...ymmv
Definitely, I didn't immediately think of ToBS Jermyn St when I read the "manly scent" thread title as it doesn't have the savoury; "woodsy, campfire" notes of some other soaps and is sweeter, musky, fresh with a little (ever so subtle bit of spice) but I love TOBS Jermyn St as well and have the cream in my travel kit.

Quoting Nero82's post on this thread Describe scent of Jermyn Street ....
"the TOBS website says:
Jermyn Street Collection
A modern fresh fougere fragrance with bergamot, lemon, lime and lavender supported by a heart of geranium, neroli and amber resting on a substantive base of musk, patchouli and vanilla. An allergen free fragrance which contains Patchouli oil.

IMO it does not smell anything like the Mr taylor or avocado. I have not tried the st james. From what I have read about tabac it smells nothing like that either. I absolutely love the scent, it is fresh and not too floral. It makes an excellent lather, so I do not believe it would be money wasted. I would also guess that you won't dislike the scent. It isn't a strong enough scent that many people would find it disagreeable"

Top Bottom