What's new

Most maneuverable and best for buffing? Your top picks?

My PAA Prismatic and my BullGoose Asylum Evolution fit both categories for me, actually. They move around at any angle, and I can buff for days.

49F9EA19-E5A7-46BE-94BF-E90096B72D9B.jpeg

Brother Q,

The Type E, G, and I Schick injector razors, and the DE Gillette Flare Tip and Red Tip Super Speeds probably are the best for maneuverability and buffing, but others are fine too.

The name Super Speed has a literal meaning. It's not just advertising hype.

Brother Q,

The Type E, G, and I Schick injector razors, and the DE Gillette Flare Tip and Red Tip Super Speeds probably are the best for maneuverability and buffing, but others are fine too.

The name Super Speed has a literal meaning. It's not just advertising hype.
Santa,

Interesting - thanks for the feedback!

I agree with the Asylum Evolution, but I do not have the Prismatic. Instead, I would say my PAA Grackle DOC fits the bill and is my best buffing razor.
Steve

For me it's probably the Merkur "1904" 42C closed comb safety razor, followed by a nickel-plated Pre-war Gillette Tech. For some reason buffing is easier with plated Tech than the brass ones, for me.

BBS or Wolfman best I have used due to narrow cap. Almost too good; can bite on inner nostril if careless. Reminds me of straight edge in that regard

I haven’t found a better maneuverable razor than the Wolfman, by far the best under nose and tight spot razor. The only issue I have with the Wolfman is that it’s too much of a work of art that I feel a bit guilty using it as a daily driver, as I have to polish that razor up after each shave.

Another vote for a tech. You want maneuverability AND mild enough to buff, Gillette tech is the answer. Pick your vintage.

Top Bottom