What's new

Most Luxurious Synthetics?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
In the middle of trying to order a Chubby 2 Synthetic and the PayPal portal through the Simpsons site isn’t letting me log in. :(

Sent Mark an email asking to send me a separate invoice. Since I already am waiting on a Silvertip Chubby 2 as well, maybe I can consolidate shipping.

These are my favorite synthetics. All are high quality. First is the RazoRock Big Bruce, then Edwin Jagger XL, then Muhle XL, then the Chubby 2.
Brushes_Best.JPG

I am a huge badger fan as well and my favorite synthetic brush is Mühle STF. I prefer the XL size (25 mm) and, unfortunately, that is no longer offered by Mühle.
According to the Muhle USA catalog, the 25mm XL brush IS still available, at least in the Classic line.

@IMightBeWrong

The most luxurious brush I have used to date is the 26mm Timberwolf fan I put in a DC Shaving handle back in Nov 2018 and gets used in a 4 brush rotation regularly. Its not only the softest, but the densest brush I've ever used. It has been quite a while since I've used a Badger brush but it is very reminiscent of a Whipped Dog Silvertip that Larry set 10mm deeper for me. Very easy to load and lather...
20181104_084714 (2).jpg

Tried a chubby 2 synthetic, was not a fan honestly, and I love all my simpsons badger brushes.
I want just one decent synthetic! I need it for my dopp kit, I just dont want a badger in it, so I could use some help as well

I was seriously considering the Chubby 2 synthetic as my first luxury synthetic, but looks like the recommended technique for building lather is by using back and forth motions? I like the splay and circular motions for building lather on my face, so may not be the one for me. STF or Evo look to be front runners at the moment.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I was seriously considering the Chubby 2 synthetic as my first luxury synthetic, but looks like the recommended technique for building lather is by using back and forth motions? I like the splay and circular motions for building lather on my face, so may not be the one for me. STF or Evo look to be front runners at the moment.

I just used Chubby 2 Synth for the first time a bit ago and it splays better than most synths I have tried. Wonderful brush.

There is no reason not to use circular motions with a Simpson. Mark, the owner of the company, has even stated publicly that this isn’t really an issue. It’s just slightly better for the life of any brush to paint, plus many new shavers tend to mash their brushes when splaying them which can damage them.

since I really haven't bought any brushes in more than a year (i only use synthetics now). This past week I ordered:

Simpsons T3
Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Omega Evo Ceramic White
Shavemac Custom Synthetic 26mm (bulb knot)
4 diff Yaqi brushes with Tuxedo Knot (those are the only ones that already got here). 3 are bulb 26mm and one is fan 26mm. This was safe since it was the cheapest and the tuxedo knot is my favorite knot in other brands.

After I receive them (some might take a while, since coming from europe, spain etc) and use them each for a while, i will make a comparisson and pick my favorites.

Did I miss any other "top" synthetic? I want to buy most of the current top ones. I like 26mm or larger, thus you wont see any 24mms in my purchases. I already have all the Plisson style ones but those are too floopy for me.
I have or have had all the brushes you mentioned, I would add an EJ XL and/or Muhle XL to that list. They both use the same Muhle fibers, but the knots are shaped and set differently. I don't think owning both is redundant. Those 2 are actually my favorite brushes overall. The CH2 synth would probably be number 1 if only it were larger. So maybe a future CH3 synth would upset my EJ and Muhle for the number 1 spot.

Top Bottom