What's new

Most Luxurious Shaving Soap?

Fortunately these days, the highest luxury experience is available at pretty reasonable prices. I love Stirling mutton base. I love Icarus from declaration grooming. Milksteak and excelsior are wonderful. Tabac is superb. And all these can be used as much as you want, without having to reserve them for special cases.

I consider MDC and nuavia to be quite inferior to these, myself.

(Sent from mobile)
Just tried Tobac for the first time...you’re right, it is superb...although I like the scent the scent and creaminess of TOBS...but Tobac provides better glide! Thanks
Trying to track down Icarus!
C0997C2A-FD09-427E-A659-908919928149.jpeg

Last edited:
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica is my fav of the very few I got .. and I use it constantly. Every morning I wake up is special for me by waiting to have a great shave !! If you know what I mean 🙂

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions! I've already ordered a few...and I'm researching others.

One request...please write out the name if it hasn't been yet. I'm a newbie! Thanks! 🙏

A frankenlather. Today it was TOBS Sandalwood with an Arko face application. The lather was a little thin in the scuttle so I wallowed the brush in some Col Conk Bay Rum. Splendid and enough for 4 passes and a recycle. I think the Conk pushed it over the edge. I also find Cremo added to soap really kicks the lather up

I have two, Williams Mug Soap and Penhaligon's English Fern. The first because I really like the scent, the lather is perfect and there is something old school cool about using a mug. The second is because the formulation I have is not made anymore. It was an excellent soap back when Penhaligon's made excellent soaps.

Black Ship Grooming’s Kaito base soap. I got their Stolen Heart soap and aftershave and it smells very luxurious with a strong vanilla scent.

Last night I did a 50/50 lather with Williams Mug and Col. Conk Almond. The lather was surprisingly luxurious. It was richer, creamier, thicker, and provided great glide; more than Stirling, Tabac, and B&M Seville, the only 3 "luxury" soaps I have tried so far.

Top Bottom