What's new

Most Luxurious Shaving Soap?

Ya know.... I've eaten bear. I've eaten raccoon. I'll be hanged if I could tell the difference.

I wonder if they could just swap out some 'coon fat for the bear?

You'd probably need a LOT more 'coon, but I'm here to tell ya, there ain't none of my neighbors who are going to cry over a dead raccoon, or 2 dozen.

I see at least one a day dead on the side of the road!

I need to get into the soap business, doggone!
High Mountain White badger tallow soap. Sign me up.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
After all the good tallow soaps from the old English houses (Pen's, Trumper's) are gone, I have settled for Grooming Department soaps. Pretty much use them exclusively now.

What soap offers the most self-indulgent, sumptuous, sensual pleasure...something you would perhaps save for a special occasion? :euro:
Thanks!
Every shave is a special occasion 😊

That said, probably this... but then A&E has the edge in performance, so hard to tell really.

1618568283532.png

Fortunately these days, the highest luxury experience is available at pretty reasonable prices. I love Stirling mutton base. I love Icarus from declaration grooming. Milksteak and excelsior are wonderful. Tabac is superb. And all these can be used as much as you want, without having to reserve them for special cases.

I consider MDC and nuavia to be quite inferior to these, myself.

(Sent from mobile)

Fortunately these days, the highest luxury experience is available at pretty reasonable prices. I love Stirling mutton base. I love Icarus from declaration grooming. Milksteak and excelsior are wonderful. Tabac is superb. And all these can be used as much as you want, without having to reserve them for special cases.

I consider MDC and nuavia to be quite inferior to these, myself.

(Sent from mobile)
Just got Tobac. Declaration must be popular...looks like most of their soaps are SOLD OUT! 😮

Shave soaps are like guitars. Nowadays you can get something superb and it won't break the bank.
Cheaper than a bottle and lasts a long time. It's a head scratcher when we discuss value/bargains in wet shaving. Just buy whatever soaps/splashes/balms you like- you're not gonna starve because you splurged on a soap.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Once upon a time SMN, Savonnerie du bon Berger (no longer made, using my final inventory) and CRSW Oliva Vetiver.
CRSW Glide is a pleasure these days.

Top Bottom