What's new

Most healing and helping with razor burn AS ?

I use bacitracin. I know it isnt what you are asking but that helps any shaving issues I get, and seems to act rather quickly.

I use it on a routine basis for many things....I have 14 cats in my house right now so I many razor blades walking around.

Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Speick Aftershave splash
All work good for me, although I use many other scents on a daily basis.
IMHO a good soap like Mitchell’s Wool Fat or Tabac with a good smooth blade like a Personna Lab or Red will help a lot to avoid razor burn.

𝐷. 𝑅. 𝐻𝐴𝑅𝑅𝐼𝑆 𝑆𝐾𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝑂𝑁𝐼𝐶
skin_tonic.jpg

Better question is what's causing the razor burn. It's not normal and if you experienced it regularly, then more often than not it's gonna be either bad angle (too steep) or too much pressure, along with going over the same spot multiple times.

Get your technique right and (almost) any AS will do.

If you screw yourself up really bad you need to skip all of the aftershaves and apply something called The Cool Fix from Shaveworks. It can be found at the local Ulta or Sephora store for like ten bucks for the small bottle and 20 for the larger one. You should only need the small one and it's great stuff to have on hand. It's a blue gel that when you apply it it's going to sting like hell for about 2 seconds and then the razorburn is completely gone. Like it never happened and you're shaving again the next day. Though you probably can I don't apply this stuff as a daily aftershave but more as a treatment for a shave gone wrong. Usually one application does the trick. I don't think I've ever had to apply it more than twice. This stuff is absolutely amazing when you are in pain.

We're talking the first time shaving with a Feather blade shave where your shirt collar feels like it's made out of shard glass. When you're in this condition this stuff is worth it's weight in gold. No aftershave is going to do what this stuff does.

If you're just looking for a nice aftershave for daily usage I really like the offerings from Maol or Tallow & Steel for a splash as they do have a positive impact on your skin. Not just alcohol witchhazel and water with these like most others are but lots of good stuff for your skin. For a balm L'Occitane Cade is really a nice one, fairly expensive but a little goes a long way.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
A lot of great recommendations so far. I'll add to the mix B&M balm.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom