What's new

Most hated meal growing up.

Spinach or cabbage with tomato sauce and rice. Still can't stand them.

But my kryptonite are okra's. I literally stayed 2 days ''starving'' because (rightfully so, in her defense) she refused to make me something else. The 3rd day she admitted her defeat.
I tried them once as an adult. Once..

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Took me 20 years to try meatloaf again and discover that my mom had been doing it WRONG WRONG WRONG all those years ago!

Cube steak, or at least my moms version of it (slab of gristle pounded into submission with a tenderizing hammer and smothered to death in mushroom sauce) will never cross my lips either.

I got food poisoning (or bad timing stomach virus) after eating an omelet at Disney world of all places as a kid and it took 10 years or more before I could eat eggs with cheese again (totally over it now fortunately).
Cube steak?

Spinach or cabbage with tomato sauce and rice. Still can't stand them.

But my kryptonite are okra's. I literally stayed 2 days ''starving'' because (rightfully so, in her defense) she refused to make me something else. The 3rd day she admitted her defeat.
I tried them once as an adult. Once..
Did you ever try fried okra? That's one of my absolute favorites! Whenever I go to Church's Fried Chicken, I always get some fried okra.

One weekend in Vegas, I crapped out early, but had bought a bunch of fried okra. That lasted me for the rest of the weekend. It was delicious, if a bit sad. 😁

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
My HillBilly Mama KNOWS how to cook green beans: in a pressure cooker with bacon and bacon or pork fat, and cooked for at least an hour. THAT is livin' high on the hog my friend!
My grandmother would do that, too. The steamy aroma would fill the house. Brings back memories of Sunday afternoon dinners.

I ate nust about any fare set before me with gratitude. One night I had a problem finishing some canned beets. Today I love beets in all ways but canned. The liver was horrible as well, in my home. Way over cooked.
Bison liver is a far better choice. The difference will please you if you are a beef liver hater. And it does not need overcooking to be palatable.

Never liked broccoli as a kid. I think in many instances it's not the vegetable itself that's the problem, but that it's not prepared well (sorry parents). I'm still lukewarm on steamed vegetables. Bland mushy things.
All kinds of crazy things happened over the centuries. Burning books, witch huntes, no one ever thought of digging a massive hole and filling it with all the broccoli. I hate broccoli. Not even ketchup can fix that stuff.

What about those little cocktail weenies canned with that gross gelatin?

I loved them as a kid but the thought of them now makes me want to puke.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
When I misbehaved as a child my parents would punish me by sending me to bed with no dinner or supper, immediately I returned home after school, for a week. Those were my least favourite meals, but perhaps the most nutritious in that they sustained me for a lifetime and I never forgot them.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
What about those little cocktail weenies canned with that gross gelatin?

I loved them as a kid but the thought of them now makes me want to puke.
That’s all my roommate ate in college with Ketchup on top. He bought them by the case. Vienna sausage. Nasty nasty.

All kinds of crazy things happened over the centuries. Burning books, witch huntes, no one ever thought of digging a massive hole and filling it with all the broccoli. I hate broccoli. Not even ketchup can fix that stuff.
I enjoy well cooked broccoli these days. I make it on the grill or in the oven on convection. A splash of oil, kosher salt, and lemon juice, sometimes add some Italian seasoning if I’m feeling bold, and cook until the edges are starting to blacken and crisp (usually a solid 20 min)

Got to try that. What the heck. Won’t make me hate them more. Thanks for the comment. I’m relatively new to badger and blade but
I have to admit, it’s awesome here. Great bunch of guys. Thanks again. 👍

Top Bottom