What's new

Most Essential Accessory?

Aside from the standard razor, brush, and soap; what do you think is the most important shave accessory to have? Or what is your favorite accessory that isn’t necessarily important, but makes your experience more enjoyable?

I just acquired a very nice brush/razor/bowl stand that I think looks great on my counter and makes me enjoy my new hobby even more. Just curious what everyone else is into!

Attachments

• 4C99F273-E345-49C5-8237-4572B2193159.jpeg
    4C99F273-E345-49C5-8237-4572B2193159.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 29
What makes my experience more enjoyable the most? Hot towels! I like the scents of pre and after shaves, but hot towels before and after raises my experience the most.

Patience. High end soaps and brushes aside, lots of people get excellent shaves from a good blade, an inexpensive boar brush and razor, and Williams or Arno. That’s because technique trumps all. Take your time and everything will be peachy.

A little Al Green or Ottis playing in the background never hurt either.

A retired toothbrush for cleaning razors.

D&D dice to keep count of how many shaves are on a blade.

A parabolic radiant space heater, especially in the winter after the shower.
Exactly like this one:
proxy.php

I don't get dressed before shaving (due to all the water flying around), so this keeps me toasty.
Radiant heater instead of one with a fan, because a fan chills you when you're still damp.
Mine cost me $2 at a rummage sale.

Whoever made these is demented. These friggen things turn me into macully kulken. They burn worse than alcohol based aftershave

BUT......

When you NEED one..... you need one.

Haven't needed one in a few months BUT.....

Best to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :death:

Distilled water. Our tap water is pretty hard so it's almost impossible to build a good lather without distilled water.

Top Bottom