What's new

Most common issue during shaving?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@Tomo , @borwish ,

I found rubbing a damp cloth over the mirror clears the existing fog and prevents refogging for a while. With the thin layer of water, it’s not clear enough for surgery, but it’s more than clear enough to avoid needing surgery.

Then, thoroughly rinse and ring out damp cloth and slippery slip becomes easier to stretch.

My most common issue during shaving is me. More specifically, I’m more than 99% likely to have a “get it done” mentality as opposed to a “lightest touch/scrape fruit juice off a landmine with a spatula and live to tell the pointlessly idiotic tale” disposition.

What is the most irritating problem you experience which you still cannot put behind you? Is it your gear? Your environment? Your technique?
How long have you tried?

For me, it is time. On rare occasions, I have to rush which leaves me with an irritated neck for several hours. OTOH, when I prep properly (spend a couple of minutes working the soap in the stubble), I never have any issues.
Try a se with a guarded blade (proguard) Even with a rush job a decent safe shave. A boring shave but it works for zoef zoef zoef done

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I rinse my SR under under the tap. Some fellas use a different system to remove lather so as not to accidentally hit the edge on the exposed tap. I dinged one a while back, carelessly rinsing. I still rinse under the running tap water, but try to focus when I bring it back up to my face. Every once in a while I’ll loose focus and realize I got away with one. Muscle memory has set in here for the most part thankfully, but it still requires attention.

Bum chin dimple attack with a SR...I've tried all angles and stretching. There's always that one little hair that will not give up the fight.

Perhaps the inconsistency of outcome.

It happens seldom, but when it does, it bugs me.

Sometimes, pretty rarely though, but sometimes no matter what I do the shave won't be to my liking.

Same prep, same soap, same brush, same razor, same blade, same time of the day, same technique, same aftershave, same frickin' everything... and yet the end result of a shave turns out different. Now that irritates me.

Go figure...

M

mtcn77

I cannot get a good shave after too much preparation. For me, the lather is put on and the beard has to come off quick.

I might have issues with facial puffing, or I cannot think of any other reason for best shaves of mine to be at night when I haven't done so much as a rinse.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Perhaps the inconsistency of outcome.

It happens seldom, but when it does, it bugs me.

Sometimes, pretty rarely though, but sometimes no matter what I do the shave won't be to my liking.

Same prep, same soap, same brush, same razor, same blade, same time of the day, same technique, same aftershave, same frickin' everything... and yet the end result of a shave turns out different. Now that irritates me.

Go figure...
Reminds me of golf.

Top Bottom