What's new

most authentic lime scent

Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes.
C'mon, how this one doesn't smell at all like a fresh lime. Not saying it's a bad scent, but it is not at all what the OP is looking for.

My vote for best pure lime scent is Mystic Water, and it's not really close, although Mike's is pretty similar. Michelle at MW anchors the lime EO with a little bit of May Chang. The soap is pure lime like a freshly cut lime with a bit of zest. Scent strength is medium, and lasts not only throughout the entire shave but also through the entire puck, all the way to the bottom. Every shave just as refreshing as the first. This one is just a fantastic scent from Michelle. There is no quick loss of scent and no intrusion of other off-putting scents like some of the others (I'm looking at you, Castle Forbes).

Anyway, OP, if you are looking for a realistic, refreshing, beautiful pure lime scent you should check out Mystic Waters. You can thank me later.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
C'mon, how this one doesn't smell at all like a fresh lime. Not saying it's a bad scent, but it is not at all what the OP is looking for.

My vote for best pure lime scent is Mystic Water, and it's not really close, although Mike's is pretty similar. Michelle at MW anchors the lime EO with a little bit of May Chang. The soap is pure lime like a freshly cut lime with a bit of zest. Scent strength is medium, and lasts not only throughout the entire shave but also through the entire puck, all the way to the bottom. Every shave just as refreshing as the first. This one is just a fantastic scent from Michelle. There is no quick loss of scent and no intrusion of other off-putting scents like some of the others (I'm looking at you, Castle Forbes).

Anyway, OP, if you are looking for a realistic, refreshing, beautiful pure lime scent you should check out Mystic Waters. You can thank me later.
For some reason, your post has me thinking about trying to mix up a little Bergamot essential oil and witch hazel.

A VERY little bit though!

I got some Mike's Lime on the way after wanting to try their soaps and the scent. Excited to see how it smells.

I have Stirling Lime and it smells nice. A little sweeter than I'd like but still pleasant.

The new RazoRock "essential oil of lime" is both an excellent soap base and a very authentic lime scent, totally unlike their lime from a few years back which was overly sweet, more of a lime custard (which I like eating, but not shaving with!). I also like the Mike's, but never reordered it, since his more complex scents are even better IMO.

On a related subject, do you all have any suggestions for a true bitter orange/neroli soap? The Petal Pusher scent was exactly what I like, but I can't find them anymore and the performance was only average, actually fairly lackluster. Too many that claim to be neroli are sweet orangeade scents, I want bite!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Got the Ethos Lime from Grooming Essentials on Monday and used it the last two days, really nice lime scent, and for me it is quite authentic...went to our local Mexican restaurant yesterday and their lime smells exactly as the soap.

Got the Ethos Lime from Grooming Essentials on Monday and used it the last two days, really nice lime scent, and for me it is quite authentic...went to our local Mexican restaurant yesterday and their lime smells exactly as the soap.
By all accounts, the Ethos soap is also a great performer. Isn't that one that also contains a synthetic cooling agent?

Castle Forbes lime is straight up lime (fragranced only with pure lime essential oil and nothing more)

It’s a hard cream, can be loaded like a soap, and it’s overall great.

who is grooming essentials?

It actually goes by Ethos Grooming Essentials... he doesn't have a website up yet, but takes orders by email. The lime soap is made in collaboration with CBL and can be bought through their website.
I can attest that their soap is incredible.Quality ,scent and use is top notch and in the top tier of shaving soaps.Even the CBLWilliams clone is very very good.It is a pleasure to shave with their line!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom