What's new

Most accurate Creed GIT and Aventus aftershaves

I am curious if anyone has a recommendation for aftershaves that smell as close as possible to the Creed GIT and Creed Aventus Colognes. With several Artisans with GIT and Aventus clones it is hard to get a clear picture.

Thanks,
the Mac

Italian Barber's "The Freedburg" splash is based on Aventus, I believe. I also believe it is still available.
Italian Barber's "Tight Buns" splash is based on GIT. I had that one and it was very nice. Currently not in production but still some in circulation now and again for trades.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Read enough of these reviews and whatnot and you'll find that for every guy that says XYZ aftershave smells exactly like the Creed original, you'll find someone else that says they smell nothing alike. It really depends on your nose and the noses around you (if you're attempting to make think you're wearing real Creed). For that matter, people say the same thing about Cool Water vs GIT. Anyway, I'd recommend just picking up samples of everything you're interested in and see what you like best. Just enjoy it for what it is and don't worry about it being the ultimate "poor man's" Creed.

Italian Barber's "The Freedburg" splash is based on Aventus, I believe. I also believe it is still available.
Italian Barber's "Tight Buns" splash is based on GIT. I had that one and it was very nice. Currently not in production but still some in circulation now and again for trades.

Yep, both are dead ringers. I also think that Fine "Platinum" is a dead ringer for Aventus as well. Stirling's "Executive Man" is close to Aventus, but not as close as Fine or RR (IMHO).

Yep, both are dead ringers. I also think that Fine "Platinum" is a dead ringer for Aventus as well. Stirling's "Executive Man" is close to Aventus, but not as close as Fine or RR (IMHO).

I have a bottle of Fine Platinum and also have a sample of the Creed Aventus cologne. To my nose, both smell pretty similar

Creed does indeed have a GIT aftershave balm, which I've tried. Seems totally accurate to GIT cologne but, for me, was tepid and underwhelming. After one use, I was not happy and returned to the retailer. Now, for an aftershave with a GIT shave, I'll just use a cool washcloth rinse or a smear of Shea cream, followed by regular GIT cologne.

$image.jpg

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I really wish Fine did a GIT. I find Aventus to be okay, but really not up my alley. I REALLY like GIT. I asked "Mr. Fine" if he would consider a GIT in the future and he said he had no plans to do one. Too bad... I do wish there was a good GIT splash out there that I could find.

I really wish Fine did a GIT. I find Aventus to be okay, but really not up my alley. I REALLY like GIT. I asked "Mr. Fine" if he would consider a GIT in the future and he said he had no plans to do one. Too bad... I do wish there was a good GIT splash out there that I could find.

Have you tried Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man splash?

I love the GIT fragrance, but didn't really care for Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man soap or AS (but love Stirling's other offerings just fine). There was some note that was really overshadowing and pushing down what would otherwise be a really good GIT copy. I'll also add to the pile of endorsements for Fine Platinum's closeness to Aventus.

I have Creed GIT and Aventus colognes
I will say that Fine Platinum is pretty close to Creed's Aventus although the quantity of methol used (IMO) does cloud the scent a little. I still like it very much however.

I have Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man soap and having smelled the soap alongside the GIT cologne i can say to my nose they smell NOTHING alike.

Great comments so far. Thanks.

I also saw that Catie's Bubbles has a splash (Celtic Knot) that I have heard is inspired by GIT. Also WSP Rustic Aftershave splash has one based on GIT. Does anyone have experience with those to compare.

Thanks for confirming that Fine Platinum and The Freedburg were close to Aventus. I had heard great things about both of those prior. To bad they aren't still making Tight Buns.

I wear Aventus and purchased Fine Platinum to compliment it. It had almost zero scent, and I mean, so faint that I couldn't be certain it was even there. Surely, this was a "bad batch". American Blend has a robust, lasting scent and is my favorite aftershave, but I would hesitate to purchase Platinum again, unfortunately.

Creed does indeed have a GIT aftershave balm, which I've tried. Seems totally accurate to GIT cologne but, for me, was tepid and underwhelming. After one use, I was not happy and returned to the retailer. Now, for an aftershave with a GIT shave, I'll just use a cool washcloth rinse or a smear of Shea cream, followed by regular GIT cologne.

Kinda what I do as well. An unscented balm (Gentleman's Refinery is my preference), and a dab of GIT cologne. I generally do prefer splashes, though, so I'm interested if anyone does chime in with a reasonable alternative.

I wear Aventus and purchased Fine Platinum to compliment it. It had almost zero scent, and I mean, so faint that I couldn't be certain it was even there. Surely, this was a "bad batch". American Blend has a robust, lasting scent and is my favorite aftershave, but I would hesitate to purchase Platinum again, unfortunately.

That's weird because I smelled a sample bottle of Platinum and it smelled quite nice. How do you like Aventus? I hear it's very nice but way out of my price range.

Top Bottom