What's new

Moss Scuttle Comparison

Gents, I ordered the small scuttle by mistake. After I emailed Sara, she agreed to send me a large scuttle. Anyway I thought I would post pictures of both scuttles side by side.

full

full

full

As you can see the large scuttle is a nice size larger than the small scuttle. The large scuttle should work well with 25 or 26mm brushes such as the one in the last pic. The small scuttle works well with 19-22mm brushes. The brush in the small scuttle is 20mm.

I can't wait to give the large scuttle a test drive. If you have been thinking of buying a scuttle this is the one for you. Truly a beautiful piece of art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin,

I have wondered about the size of my Scuttle [supposed to be the large one]. Mrs. Bonnyman's website gives the following measurements.

Small - Diameter - Scuttle -- 8cm
Large - Diameter - Scuttle -- 10cm

I am unsure at what points her diameter measurements are taken from.

The inside diameter of the Scuttle's lather bowl measures 8.4cm.
The outside diameter of the Scuttle's lather bowl measures 11.4cm.

Would you mind measuring both of yours and post the measurements if at all possible?

Ron, here are the measurements you requested:

Large Scuttle:
Outside - 11.5cm
Inside - 8.5cm

Small Scuttle:
Outside - 10cm
Inside - 7.25

Austin said:
Ron, here are the measurements you requested:

Large Scuttle:
Outside - 11.5cm
Inside - 8.5cm

Small Scuttle:
Outside - 10cm
Inside - 7.25

Austin,

Thank you so much for taking the measurements. Well, I apparently have the large one since my measurements are essentially the same as your Large Scuttle. I cannot figure out where Sarah is getting the 8cm on the Small Scuttle and 10cm on the Large Scuttle. Oh well, I guess it's not all that important.

PottyDoctor said:
Austin,

Thank you so much for taking the measurements. Well, I apparently have the large one since my measurements are essentially the same as your Large Scuttle. I cannot figure out where Sarah is getting the 8cm on the Small Scuttle and 10cm on the Large Scuttle. Oh well, I guess it's not all that important.

I believe they are the measurements of the interior, while wet. Of course, since each scuttle is hand made, the measurements are only estimates.

guenron said:
I find some dark humor here.. Grown men comparing their scuttle dimensions? :ihih:

For sure Ron...that would definitely make the top ten list of ways to know that we may just have too much time on our hands. And possibly need to get a life! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom