What's new

Morton's Toe. A sign of intelligence?

I have a Morton's Toe. In fact I have two, one on each foot.
Now I've been told my whole life that it's a sign of intelligence.
Never mind that it was my Mom and brother that told me that....
(He's got them too).

Now I'm not going to brag at all. No sir, I'm just bringing this to everyone's attention.
The toe that is. Don't bother googling "Morton's Toe and intelligence" the results will try to trick you into believing it is an old wives tale.

Anyway, I'm sure there are other Morton's Toe super geniuses out there.
If so, I'd like to hear from you.

(Just so you know I'm kidding about the intelligence, I get stumped by my kid's puzzle books)

When checking shoe length for proper fit as a kid they always checked my big toe. It doesn't do much good when your second toe is about a 1/4 longer...

Interesting.

Something I never gave a 2nd thought to, I'm quite surprised it was never mentioned during my numerous chiropractic and MD visits.
I'm not extreme... the 2nd toe is maybe 1/8" longer if that, might be why it's been overlooked.

I'll save you all the horror of a picture of my feet.
My right foot second toe(?) is about a 1/4" longer.
my left foot toe isn't quite as long.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Marc:
Somtimes
I’ve been told that I’m smart, clever and whitty. So that would make me a part of a true majority and I owe it all to my right foot Morton Toe which is ¼in shorter than my second toe. :thumbsup:
I won't bother with the left Morton toe...bad Mojo you see. I don't want to lose what's left of my smarts. $imagesCABWPA28.jpg

$willid1032r.jpg"Morton's Toe: A part of the foot used to find furniture in dark". Unknown Author

Last edited:
I've heard all sorts of theories, none of which I think are accurate. Mine's noticeable on both feet, about half an inch longer. Considering all the dumb crap I do daily, I'm pretty sure its not a sign of higher intelligence :lol:

yep, I got that issue. When I ski, I would get bad toe bang - bloody toenails. After a day of skiing backcountry, it wouldn't be unusual for me to squeeze out a sock full of sweat and blood. I had both toenails permanently removed from those toes - problem solved. I asked the foot doc is it wasn't possible to trim down the toes themselves so that they lined up nice with the others. He laughed - thought I was kidding. I'm sure I was.

-jim

So I can see from the reponses that I am not alone.
Band together my long toe brothers.

Who knows what we can accomplish if we put our big brains to work!

My three siblings and I share this trait, though I was unaware it had a name. My father, who passed this on to us, also said it was "a sign of genius." Of course, we all believed him. Our mother, who did not have this genetic trait, was skeptical. My father explained she couldn't help herself, since lacking the genius mutant toe, she would be unable to understand. :wink2:

SWMBO works at an orthopaedic doctor's office, and she assures me almost daily that my Morton's toes, in fact, do NOT indicate genius on any level.. I'm not sure how to take this...
:a29:

I don't have his toe, but I do have his salt. And my wife says I'm definitely an *** Burger. So I qualify for the club.

$morton-salt.jpg

Morton's Toe is also called a Greek foot and I don't know how clever they are looking at their current financial state, I just don't hope it means that I have to chip in to cover the deficit :lol:

definately not greek and it may not be a sign of genius if i'm any indication, possibly just weird footedness. I've got mortons toe and what these days isn't a sign of asbergers. seems like ADD was a few years ago. everyone seems to be somewhere in the autism spectrum......... or psychopathic.

Top Bottom