What's new

Morris & Forndran Members Group Buy Delivery Thread

Got the PM and no need for apology. I know you've had a lot on your plate with this GB and I didn't feel forgotten. I think you've done a fantastic job designing, coordinating and following through with everyone. I'm pretty sure the notification from the USPS is for the Chief since I haven't been expecting any other packages and the article # listed started with EU :). I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will know for sure tomorrow.
I just sent you an apologetic PM. Somehow I overlooked you in following-up tracking status. I've gone over the spreadsheet too many times.

Yours package shows up as "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment", which can't be right, although I've personally had packages delivered that still showed up on tracking as being in Chicago.

The two I was referring to were posted recently. I hope they land (one in Canada and the other in the US) next week.

My fingers are crossed for yours.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Thanks

Got the PM and no need for apology. I know you've had a lot on your plate with this GB and I didn't feel forgotten. I think you've done a fantastic job designing, coordinating and following through with everyone. I'm pretty sure the notification from the USPS is for the Chief since I haven't been expecting any other packages and the article # listed started with EU :). I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will know for sure tomorrow.

It may be doubly worth your while!

I think 1 of the last 2 has finally arrived at my house. Received a "Sorry We Missed You" notification from the USPS yesterday. Unfortunately I can't get to the post office before 4:30 p.m. when it closes today, so I'll have to patiently wait till Sat to get it. Update to follow!

strop

Now half as wise
Just a reminder to everyone to submit thier SOTD photos with The Chief in the picture. We'll give it a few days after Ken confirms to me that all have been delivered. We will then begin the daunting task of reviewing all the pictures to eventually come up with the winner. As promised, the winner will get any puck of soap they wish from a B&B Vendor/Hobbiest Artisan soap maker.

Useless here (saw my nickname?) but finally... Excuse the poor pics (poor phone, poor photographer...)

$Chief M&F.jpg

It was JUST the FIRST palmlathering with the Chief when I got it. Gorgeous!!!:001_tt1:

Since I can't recall whether I posted a SOTD photo featuring The Chief here (and I'm too lazy to reread or search this thread), here are some of mine:

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder to everyone to submit thier SOTD photos with The Chief in the picture. We'll give it a few days after Ken confirms to me that all have been delivered. We will then begin the daunting task of reviewing all the pictures to eventually come up with the winner. As promised, the winner will get any puck of soap they wish from a B&B Vendor/Hobbiest Artisan soap maker.

My pleasure!

$SOTD_WimBouman_20130920.jpg

M&F Chief in good company.
New Mergress XL, bespoke shaving soap by QCS and Pens EF.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
have all the Chief's landed now?

No, please trust that I will post when they have.

One was returned to the UK for some reason (possibly due to Lee's having been given a wrong address), and another (on it's way to me for hand delivery in replacement of one that was damaged in shipment) has been mis-routed here in Kansas City. I'm trying to track it down before it also goes back to the UK.

Last edited:
No, please trust that I will post when they have.

Thanks Ken and sorry if it came across as anxious. I'm not even in on this, but am anxious for everyone involved to get them.

I had seen the last updated (similar to what you just posted) but figured they may have been delivered and wasn't sure exactly when that was as I didn't go back in the thread.

When it's over, take a couple days to yourself and feel free to start work on the "I Survived the 2013 Sabbatical Kent Silvertip LE B&B Brush". This one would only have to be limited to to 20 (maybe 30) brushes but it would be awesome if you could arrange for them to be engraved and personalized with numbers and names if possible and members would be able to choose handle material and loft, but please keep the price in the $80 delivered range. Are you game?

Great work from start to finish on this group buy. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
As of this morning, two brushes remained undelivered, more or less.

One of the two is a replacement for a brush that was delivered some time back but had picked up some superficial damage in shipment. The buyer lives near me. I asked Lee to ship the replacement to me so I could deliver it in person. It was processed through US Customs and turned over to USPS in Chicago on the 15th, showed up at the central sort facility in KC three days ago (the 19th), and then appeared on tracking yesterday at the post office for a neighboring zip code with a Status of "No Such Address." By the time I called that PO, the package had been sent back to the sort facility. But it boomeranged today, and after some polite argument, I finally got the supervisor to go look for it again. This time he found it, and along with an apology he offered to deliver it to my address himself. So I now have that brush in hand and am working to arrange a hand-off (hopefully over a beer).

The other brush is for a member in CA, who thinks he may have provided wrong address information. In any case, I tracked that brush from London to the US and then back again, where it is apparently being processed for return to Lee. Fortunately, I've come into possession of a new brush as a result of a second one having been sent by mistake to another buyer, who kindly forwarded it on to me. So I will post that brush on Monday to the member in CA via overnight or second-day air.

Another brush was delivered (per tracking) several days ago, but the member is travelling in the UK until September 28. I'm not sure whether or not we should give him an opportunity to get back and post a photo on the 29th.

And finally, delivery of a brush (that had been held by Lee at the buyer's request until it could be shipped along with another one unrelated to the group buy) was attempted today, but the business was closed. I hope that one will be picked up on Monday.

That's it. That's all.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
When it's over, take a couple days to yourself and feel free to start work on the "I Survived the 2013 Sabbatical Kent Silvertip LE B&B Brush". This one would only have to be limited to to 20 (maybe 30) brushes but it would be awesome if you could arrange for them to be engraved and personalized with numbers and names if possible and members would be able to choose handle material and loft, but please keep the price in the $80 delivered range. Are you game?

That's just a terrific idea, Bruce. I should probably give it a little thought first, though, and, of course, run traps with the B&B Team. I'll get right on it. In the meantime, you hold your breath until I get back to you, OK?

Top Bottom