What's new

Morris & Forndran Members Group Buy Delivery Thread

Received the "Chief" earlier this morning. All I can say is job well done Lee and Ken. :thumbup:

This is a top quality brush. I lathered it up 7 times already today to defunk it, and it has not lost a single hair.
Mine is perfectly symmetrical and super soft. It's literally the perfect brush.
Thank you Lee and Ken!

A pic next to my only other brushes: Muhle Synthetic 21mm and 23mm knots:
$IMG_1075.jpg

Pic by itself:
$IMG_1127.jpg

Pic when wet:
$IMG_1129.jpg

Mine arrived today :thumbup1::thumbup1:

What can I say - it is everything as beautiful as I imagined.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 206
Mine arrived last Friday. I have de-funked it and used it 2x now. I have several M&F/Rooney brushes and the Chief slides in right at the top of the list. :001_tt1:
Thanks to Lee for a great a brush and to Ken for his initiative and diligence running the Group Buy :thumbup:.

$20130907_221245.jpg$20130907_221337.jpg$20130907_223611.jpg

$20130907_223527.jpg

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
do we know how many are outstanding?

About 2 1/2, I think, two of which are en route and one of which is being held by Lee waiting to be shipped (at the buyer's request) along with another brush (so I'm not going to extend the finish line to include it).

The reason I hedged with "I think" is that tracking shows some brushes as having been delivered, but for which I haven't yet received confirmations via PM or otherwise. Unfortunately, I can't take a "Delivered" per USPS tracking on perfect faith.

A brush was so-called delivered a short while back, but to a wrong address in VA (local PO didn't follow the addressee's forwarding instructions). One morning (after I'd begun correspondence with the buyer about resolution) I looked and tracking had changed from "Delivered" to "Arrival at Unit". Next day it showed up as "Forwarded". Eleven days later a new entry identified to the same PO showed the package as "Forwarded" again. Then it was "Processed through a USPS Sort Facility at the same PO location (where addressee lived) two days in a row. And that's what tracking still says, which means 1) a brush can show up on tracking as delivered but really not be, at least for my purposes, and 2) a brush can show up as not yet delivered but have been for my purposes. Net/net, until I have confirmation from a buyer, I can't be certain and so I don't check it off my list.

This past week a brush on its way to Kansas City cleared Customs in Chicago and then took off for Puerto Rico, where tracking indicated it was "Available for Pickup" for a couple of days. That was after a couple of days of being processed in Puerto Rico. I can't help but wonder whether the brush might have bribed the local PO for some beach time. That brush was finally delivered in KC late yesterday.

I've been tracking each package I have a number for every day for a while. No one is more eager than I am for the last brush to land in its new home. My guess is that won't happen until next week.

That means there's a just a little more time for all those who do have their brushes to post photos into this thread.

About 2 1/2, I think...That means there's a just a little more time for all those who do have their brushes to post photos into this thread.

Great news Ken and glad to hear it's coming to an end soon. No more tracking, no more worrying, no more PMing and follow ups.

What are you going to do with all that extra time?

I think 1 of the last 2 has finally arrived at my house. Received a "Sorry We Missed You" notification from the USPS yesterday. Unfortunately I can't get to the post office before 4:30 p.m. when it closes today, so I'll have to patiently wait till Sat to get it. Update to follow!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I think 1 of the last 2 has finally arrived at my house. Received a "Sorry We Missed You" notification from the USPS yesterday. Unfortunately I can't get to the post office before 4:30 p.m. when it closes today, so I'll have to patiently wait till Sat to get it. Update to follow!

I just sent you an apologetic PM. Somehow I overlooked you in following-up tracking status. I've gone over the spreadsheet too many times.

Yours package shows up as "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment", which can't be right, although I've personally had packages delivered that still showed up on tracking as being in Chicago.

The two I was referring to were posted recently. I hope they land (one in Canada and the other in the US) next week.

My fingers are crossed for yours.

As I recall, I was about 40 when I started this group buy. I turned 60 last month. I'm not sure I have enough years left to spare on another project like this.

Belated happy birthday Ken. Thank You for your hard work and thanks also to Lee for the great brushes. In this economy things like this make the day much more liveable. thanks to everyone who posted pics I love the pics.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Belated happy birthday Ken. Thank You for your hard work and thanks also to Lee for the great brushes. In this economy things like this make the day much more liveable. thanks to everyone who posted pics I love the pics.

Thanks, Ron. BTW, I just sent you a PM.

Top Bottom