What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

I see- if that is not desired, I apologize to all.

On a different note, is there a big difference between finest and blonde badger hair? Or are both great/worth it?

Both are definitely worth it, particularly because they're just names used to describe types of hair whose characteristics can vary a lot, depending on batches.

If you have the chance, definitely try Blonde, Heritage and Finest, and decide for yourself what you prefer. Personally, I like them all, to me it comes down to the software used, as well as what I feel like on that particular day.

I have yet to try FINEST, but HERITAGE is my favourite, or maybe BLONDE, they are both aweseome!!!!

As @TheMonk said, they are all worth trying first hand.

Heritage is an awesome hair. I like Heritage hair in brushes with big, shorter lofted, dense knots.

I like Blonde in smaller medium density knots. Can get away with a higher loft here.

Thank you for that, ive been wanting to ask for prices.
Unless Lee asks people not to divulge price (which I have been on occasion), there is nothing wrong with discussion on costs. It isn't a secret and believe most people know what the majority of these brushes cost anyway

This topic has come up before and there is no rule against it and not sure why people are afraid to divulge.

I'd say ask away...and if people want to share, they can share. If Lee asks you not to let others know, then do him right by not letting anyone know.

Last edited:
Both are definitely worth it, particularly because they're just names used to describe types of hair whose characteristics can vary a lot, depending on batches.

If you have the chance, definitely try Blonde, Heritage and Finest, and decide for yourself what you prefer. Personally, I like them all, to me it comes down to the software used, as well as what I feel like on that particular day.

Is there supposed to be a designated difference between Finest vs Blonde?

Is there supposed to be a designated difference between Finest vs Blonde?

I believe so, yes. Personally I feel there's been quite an evolution when it comes to Blonde Badger hair, and the current hair is a bit different from the initial batches, while Finest has remained very similar - please keep in mind I'm addressing M&F Finest exclusively, and not Rooney Finest hair, which I feel is quite different than the current offerings.

Anyway, Blonde Badger to me is a great all-around hair, with ample backbone and a very nice face feel, but I personally reach for my Finests more often, for 2 reasons: greater backbone, and softer tips (no scritch), although not as soft as Heritage hair.

I believe so, yes. Personally I feel there's been quite an evolution when it comes to Blonde Badger hair, and the current hair is a bit different from the initial batches, while Finest has remained very similar - please keep in mind I'm addressing M&F Finest exclusively, and not Rooney Finest hair, which I feel is quite different than the current offerings.

Anyway, Blonde Badger to me is a great all-around hair, with ample backbone and a very nice face feel, but I personally reach for my Finests more often, for 2 reasons: greater backbone, and softer tips (no scritch), although not as soft as Heritage hair.

Many thanks for that. I have my first M&F incoming so it's nice to know what to expect!

I have a 1/3 finest in cream ivory grain. Whilst I haven't tried heritage, in comparison to Simpson Manchurian the hairs are much thinner. With all the more resilient types of hairs, I would say there is about a 15 shave break in; as the tips do curl, to provide very soft/firm face feel. What you are left with is fantastic scrub, very smooth hairs for follow up painting strokes and great flow through.

Initially finest is a bit prickly when the hairs are unused as the very fine tips/backbone can 'poke' at you. Now I wouldn't be without it as it is just a fantastic brush which despite its density dry's quickly and performs great!

Inspiration for your next shave $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407551339.321848.jpg

Last edited:
I just got done talking with Lee and I'll be having a Rooney Urn style brush heading my way.
The easy part is over, it's much harder waiting for the brush to arrive!

Top Bottom