What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Ben, what is the handle on the 3rd from the right ?

It looks like a segmented bone,,,kinda.

Very unique.

And, I gotta stop doing this to myself.

Wow. I have not asked Lee to send any pictures of brushes lately, and I'm glad I haven't. These pictures of Ben's and RonH's just make me think what would have become of my bank account had Lee sent me pictures of these things. Beautiful brushes. That barrel brush of Ben's looks like it was done in horn or imitation horn? Have you used it yet, Ben? I must say, my barrel handle brush is my current favorite. The handle fits perfectly in my hand and is such a pleasure to use.

Very unique.

It looks like faux horn in barrel shape to me. Are the others made of ivory fleck which I don't know Lee has those rods.

I have a Muehle that has same shape but a little thinner. It feels great in my hands too.

I must say, my barrel handle brush is my current favorite. The handle fits perfectly in my hand and is such a pleasure to use.

Last edited:
Wow. I have not asked Lee to send any pictures of brushes lately, and I'm glad I haven't. These pictures of Ben's and RonH's just make me think what would have become of my bank account had Lee sent me pictures of these things. Beautiful brushes. That barrel brush of Ben's looks like it was done in horn or imitation horn? Have you used it yet, Ben? I must say, my barrel handle brush is my current favorite. The handle fits perfectly in my hand and is such a pleasure to use.

Quite so...i'm expecting 9 more brushes from Lee...damned SBAD...:angry:

Peter...still hoping for that updated picture :)

I've got two enroute to me myself...SBAD was supposedly under control...then Ken started emailing me regularly...

Quite so...i'm expecting 9 more brushes from Lee...damned SBAD...:angry:

9! Peter, you're amazing! Any BIG ones?

Are the others are made of ivory fleck which I don't know Lee has those rods.

Yes sir. Not sure they are called that, but same stuff. After the Simpsons release, Lee mentioned he has several rods of that.

Peter...still hoping for that updated picture :)

Me too, but I think he's gonna need a SUPER wide angle lens (or maybe wait for a satellite shot from Google earth :lol:)

SBAD was supposedly under control...then Ken started emailing me regularly...

Yeah, Sameer... It's MY fault:lol: Don't worry Brother. I can handle it.:lol:

Cheers,

Ken

Some recent models from Lee (no, I didn't buy them all:lol:)

For your viewing enjoyment:

proxy.php

Cheers,

Ken

Hey guys. I recently got the same picture from Lee, but candidly wasn't so sure how the multi-band "chubby/stubby style" brushes would go over. I am much more of an old school purist I guess. Anyway, I have an opportunity to stock these brushes sometime in the near future. So, the question is do you prefer the handle with a single band or is the distinctive 3 bands as shown fine with you. I may not have a choice in the matter but thought I would run it buy you any way. If you want to contact me directly by email that's fine. I'd prefer that to a PM. Thanks.

Last edited:

The barrel is faux (imitation) horn. The shape is certainly comfortable. I like it so much that I have another in standard white (which I have enjoyed using - haven't tried the faux horn yet).

Very unique.

George, are you referring to the brush pictured below on the left? If so, that is one of RonH's and I'm not sure what material the handle is made from. I have an Ivory fleck pictured below on the right (similar to the Simpsons LE brushes currently on offer - which of course I have a selection of heading my way!)

Gotta have something to fuel the AD. If you hadn't found your Finest 1/2 (I think that's the one you always mention), you'd be shoppin' badger, too.

I can't say much. I just bought a brush on eBay this evening. Crossing my fingers on the knot for the price it was to gamble on it.

George, are you referring to the brush pictured below on the left? If so, that is one of RonH's and I'm not sure what material the handle is made from. I have an Ivory fleck pictured below on the right (similar to the Simpsons LE brushes currently on offer - which of course I have a selection of heading my way!)

Yes, that's the one. The handle looks like it was pieced together similar to a mosaic

I know this has been posted many many times on this thread but...I wanted to share my thoughts on my M&F brush. I went to the post office to pick up my very first M&F blonde badger, straight from Lee himself. The handle is in the style of a Rooney style 3 size 1, with a knot of 23 mm and a loft of 50mm. I am a brush newbie and the only brush I've been using for the past couple of months is an Edwin Jagger travel brush in best badger.

First thing I noticed is BACKBONE!!! Wow...the M&F makes the EJ feel like a mop...very stiff backbone but soft bristles. I'm sure they will get even softer.

I also noticed a lack of badger funk.There is a slight old musty kind of smell, which is not bad. It smells kinda like a cigar shop, nothing like the EJ when I first started using it..it smelled so bad I had to hold my breath.

Another thing I noticed that's different (and better) than the EJ is that the M&F has yet to lose any hairs. I shaved with the M&F today, and then test lathered with 3 different creams/soaps. The EJ lost a lot of hairs during the initial lather and continues to lose one or two hairs here and there, so it's looking good.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my first M&F (very reasonable price for a two band too) and I'm sure it won't be my last. Thanks to all who let me in on Lee's contact info. :thumbup:

Straight out of the package:
proxy.php

After a shave and some test lathers:
proxy.php

Next to my only other brush:
proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just finished an e-mail exchange with Lee, now I have also a M+F coming. I decided on a 24 mm at 48 mm loft.

Rudy, I have that exact same specification in an M&F...very nice for a smaller brush!!! Would love to hear your thoughts on it once your arrives...

Top Bottom