What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Very nice Peter! I'm not typically one for horn handled brushes, but I've been seeing some M&F ones that look mighty, mighty tempting...

thanks gentlemen for this thread. i admired the blond brush at bruceonshaving website, but couldn't pull the trigger. read this thread, sent Lee an email yesterday, he got right back to me with the dreaded brush picture that cannot be refused, and now a 24/49 is headed to colorado. should be perfect for a face-latherer. i have a sense i might be selling a few of my other brushes in the near future :thumbup1:

So are these shipping Fedex? I had a notice on my door last night for a Fedex attempted delivery and can't remember ordering anything that would ship that way.

I may have my brush tonight :w00t:

So are these shipping Fedex? I had a notice on my door last night for a Fedex attempted delivery and can't remember ordering anything that would ship that way.

I may have my brush tonight :w00t:

Lee sent my two brushes via Royal Mail, delivered to me by USPS. Sorry to disappoint.

Yes he does post them via Royal Mail which hands them off to the USPS, which promptly loses it. :angry::mad5::mad2::cursing:

I am more than a little bit upset.

I have been using a M&F for the last few weeks now. It was easier for me to get one living in the UK; Lee was able to get it to me real quick and I got a soap from him as well.

With each use it keeps getting better, it seemed to break in very quickly compared to my Simpsons Duke 3 in 2B, this brush generates lather and releases it easily within a few uses. It is a nice balance between density but not too dense that it becomes a hog. Overall I like this blonde hair, it has the right amount of stiffness for soaps but not too prickly either, it is really growing on me.

This is it pre use so not bloomed at all here, it is a handsome brush and I believe would be a worthy addition to anyones collection.

proxy.php

Well my Fedex package was just a lousy Iberia Double Temper #13 :tongue_sm

Hoping the brush comes later this week.

Harvitz I think we were just having the exact same conversation in a certain hone thread, one feeling responsible and one looking for a package. This is just the mirror image of rolls :lol:

Harvitz I think we were just having the exact same conversation in a certain hone thread, one feeling responsible and one looking for a package. This is just the mirror image of rolls :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Enabler!

I think you are responsible for a few more in this thread than I am for the Frankonian.

Lee just informed me that some "enterprising child" (to quote him directly) is advertising brushes he claims are Lee's, but they are actually fakes. Lee didn't give me more details, but asked me to warn people. If I can find out more details, I'll post. In the meantime, I would suggest contacting Lee directly ([email protected]) if you want one of his brushes.

Got more details from Lee. These fake brushes are being sold as Blonde Badger, not as Morris & Forndran. They are cheap Chinese knots, according to Lee. Again, I would go through Lee for one of his brushes.

You are right. I saw many brushes are stamped as "Made in England" but they have no differences between those Chinese made brushes and their prices are high. I would suggest you make Lee's address bolder and bigger or we need a warning entry.

I seen this seller, using the same description of "Blonde hair" and wording, I don't know if this is allowed, it is not a link to an auction, just the seller account who is selling brushes using the same description as Lee but I don't think Lee has copyright on it, just it can be confusing if you don't know who is who.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/outdoor-store45/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

I am not discrediting the above seller or their brushes in any way (for all I know they could be great). All I am saying is that despite the same description they are not Lee's ones so be aware what you are buying.

My recommendation is to email Lee first ant the address provided earlier in this thread.

PM me if you need help.

This "Morris" is not bad for our health.:thumbup: The package came yesterday but I was so tired to take pictures. Before going work I accomplished my mission and now I share them with you. However I had no time for post bloom pictures. I share them in this afternoon. It shaves best anyway with MWF and has whitest tips like snow.:biggrin1: (FYI, Knot:24mm, Loft 51-ish mm)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom