What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

proxy.php

Great looking brush. My first M&F is supposed to ship this week, so I guess the wait is on. I really like the butterscotch handles, so if I'm pleased with Lee's work that will definitely be on my options list for the next one.

An anonymous package arrived at my doorstep. Notice no return address:

$photo 1.jpg

Out of the package, bubble wrapped, was this: Lee7 Faux Ivory bulb-shaped Blonde Badger 27mm knot / 50mm loft / 115 mm base to top of loft. I measured with my calipers because I was unable to get the final dimensions from Lee:

$photo 2.jpg$photo 3.jpg$photo 4.jpg

Post Bloom:

$photo 5.jpg

I read this"Blonde Badger" post beginning to end which led me to the "Group Buy" thread. Both excellent read's. Needless to say SBAD kicked in big time. Both post's have everything you need to know regarding how to contact Lee, what he has to offer, what you should expect from your purchase experience. It's like a cookbook. Read it and you will not be "that guy" who posts "Can someone pm me Lee's email contact?," "I can't get a hold of Lee. What is his latest email address?" "That guy" bugs me, don't care if you're offended either. Read the whole post, understand it, and if you are the adventurous type, jump in feet first. With patience you will be rewarded. For me the chase is better than the catch and this, my friends, is a thrilling chase. This guy Lee is a ghost, polite to say the least, requires some due diligence and most important some patience. My experience was very similar to most members who took the leap but no worries, maybe a little bit of worries, I was prepared.

I'm really happy with my L7. It needs to be broke in because honestly, it's sucks right now for face lathering, but like my Shavemac in Finest, it sucked too. The knot will get better with time, I know that for sure. One thing I am semi curious about even though Lee and I conversed about Heritage and Blonde Badger knot characteristic's, I'm not 100% sure what type of hair it is. It appears to be BB. With my limited knowledge and the stencil on the back it would appear that it is. One of my last correspondence's with Lee was, in his words,
"for face lathering I would go for 2 band gel like hair fan shaped knot." I understand this as a Heritage knot and I am familiar with a fan shape. I assumed this is what I was getting although I completed my conversation with Lee saying that I could not make a choice between the four handles he offered me and that I would be grateful if he sent me one of his choice and what best represented his craftsmanship.

Four weeks later right when I was getting concerned about my M&F purchase, an anonymous Royal Mail package with a faux ivory 27/50 bulb shaped Blonde Badger Lee7 shows up in my mailbox...perfect! Thanks Lee I am extremely happy with it. My journey is complete.

Thanks to Loric for sparking my interest, Chief Boom for fueling the fire, and most importantly to Lee for making me My Brush. I appreciate all of you.

Last edited:
An anonymous package arrived at my doorstep. Notice no return address:

View attachment 413367

Out of the package, bubble wrapped, was this: Lee7 Faux Ivory bulb-shaped Blonde Badger 27mm knot / 50mm loft / 115 mm base to top of loft. I measured with my calipers because I was unable to get the final dimensions from Lee:

View attachment 413368View attachment 413369View attachment 413370

Post Bloom:

View attachment 413371

I read this"Blonde Badger" post beginning to end which led me to the "Group Buy" thread. Both excellent read's. Needless to say SBAD kicked in big time. Both post's have everything you need to know regarding how to contact Lee, what he has to offer, what you should expect from your purchase experience. It's like a cookbook. Read it and you will not be "that guy" who posts "Can someone pm me Lee's email contact?," "I can't get a hold of Lee. What is his latest email address?" "That guy" bugs me, don't care if you're offended either. Read the whole post, understand it, and if you are the adventurous type, jump in feet first. With patience you will be rewarded. For me the chase is better than the catch and this, my friends, is a thrilling chase. This guy Lee is a ghost, polite to say the least, requires some due diligence and most important some patience. My experience was very similar to most members who took the leap but no worries, maybe a little bit of worries, I was prepared.

I'm really happy with my L7. It needs to be broke in because, honestly it's sucks right now for face lathering but like my Shavemac in Finest, it sucked too. The knot will get better with time. I know that for sure. One thing that I am semi curious about is even though Lee and I conversed about knot types, Heritage, Blonde Badger, I'm not 100% sure what type of hair it is. It appears to be BB. With my limited knowledge and the stencil on the back it would appear that it is. One of my last correspondence's with Lee was, in his words
"for face lathering I would go for 2 band gel like hair fan shaped knot" I understand this as a Heritage knot and I am familiar with a fan shape. I assumed this is what I was getting although I completed my conversation with Lee saying that I could not make a choice between the four handles he offered me and that I would be grateful if he sent me one of his choice and what best represented his craftsmanship.

Four weeks later right when I was getting concerned about my M&F purchase, an anonymous Royal Air package with a faux ivory 27/50 bulb shaped Blonde Badger Lee7 shows up in my mailbox...perfect! Thanks Lee I am extremely happy with it. My journey was complete.

Thanks to Loric for sparking my interest, Chief Boom for fueling the fire, and most importantly to Lee for making me My Brush. I appreciate all of you.

Beautiful brush! Your comments are also much appreciated, as I also found everything I needed to get in touch with Lee in the M&F threads. I agree--Lee being such an enigma makes the whole process fun. I can't wait to see my brush. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, but I know it will be here eventually.

Brush envy, Lovely brush!

Have to second that, Chiefbroom is an outstanding resource for experience and advice, feeds that fire indeed!

Question, are all L7's knot range in the 27mm range or is there smaller or you go to a Chief to get the smaller knot?

Last edited:
I think officially it's 24mm and 26mm. There may be a 28mm, I'm not sure 100%, although I doubt it. I can't remember seeing it in this thread. 27mm occurs when the 26mm knot is packed nice and dense :001_smile

Top Bottom