What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

I have heard back from a couple of people. Thank you.

To set up some categories, and a template to use for the other pages, I'll need a number of pictures of brushes with different handle material. Looking at what I did previously the L7 or chubby/Stubby /XL styles had the most pics.

Please let me know if I can, or can't, use your pics.

Thanks!

You may use any of my pictures for this project, if you wish. Thanks.

Everyone,

I need a little help from the forum here. I am trying to wrap up my info for the WIKI, and I was hoping that a few of you could give me a few stats that I am missing. If you can please respond in the thread, or better yet to not sidetrack this thread PM me, if you can fill in any of these blanks.

Here is what I need:

Handle Height For The Following Brushes
1XL
3XL
Barrel
Chubby
Persian Jar
Special K
Style 1 Size 1
Urn

Need All Information (Knot, Loft, Handle Height) For The Following
Buddha Belly
Chubby 2
Style 1 Size 3
Wee Scott

Thanks!!!

I forgot to give an update on my brush last night. I have almost a half dozen shaves on it so far. Breaking it, and the Amici, in together. So it gets used every other day right now.

It is one of the denser brushes I have used (although I haven't used a ton). It has a great feel on the face, and I think I read that it will take a few shaves for that flow through to really shine.

I love the handle. It is so comfortable in the hand.

All in all, I can see why so many of you end up with more than one :lol:

This has probably been asked numerous times in this topic: Is it realistic to order a brush from Lee these days? Any tips? I'm looking for a dense brush (I prefer 2 band) for face lathering, what knot/loft size should I go for and what shape?

Guys, The M&F silvertip (3 band) is getting alot of praise. How much does it cost and is it worth it over a thater ?

There are many different models available and prices will vary from model to model. I can say that the prices are competitive with all major brands and I have been satisfied with the value of all of my purchases. Only you can say if it is worth it over another brush or not. With that being said, I have many 2-band M&Fs and enjoy them more than the 2-band Thater. That's not to undermine the quality of Thater, they are great, but that is my personal preference.

Last edited:
I am very fond of my M&F super 3 band. Pricing can vary depending on the size of the brush so you really just have to contact Lee for that. I have zero experience with Thater but what I've read about their brushes here hasn't made me want to try one.
Guys, The M&F silvertip (3 band) is getting alot of praise. How much does it cost and is it worth it over a thater ?

Hey Everyone,

I have finished the M&F Wiki Page, located here: Link

The page has been set up so that the handle materials are at the top and the handle types are at the bottom.

It is as complete as I could get it. I didn't have dimensions on a few handles, so if you notice a brush that doesn't have something listed, let me know and I will add it - including any other handle materials you may have if I don't have it in there.

Hey Everyone,

The page has been set up so that the handle materials are at the top and the handle types are at the bottom.

It is as complete as I could get it. I didn't have dimensions on a few handles, so if you notice a brush that doesn't have something listed, let me know and I will add it - including any other handle materials you may have if I don't have it in there.

Rob, congratulations and thank you! A very serious work!:clap::clap::clap:

This has probably been asked numerous times in this topic: Is it realistic to order a brush from Lee these days? Any tips? I'm looking for a dense brush (I prefer 2 band) for face lathering, what knot/loft size should I go for and what shape?

Any more tips?

Here's my advice: Get any M&F brush. It will be awesome. I've never heard of anyone being disappointed, and for some reason, M&F brushes defy all the rules. I'm not nuts about big brushes, but I have a huge 2XL Blonde that is amazing. I've got a long-handled Emillion that's supposed to be a "bowl lather" brush, but it's the best face-lather brush I have.

Truth is, Lee just has some sort of gift for making incredible brushes. I would (if I could afford it) buy any M&F brush and have zero doubts that it's incredible. Of course, if you can get in touch with Lee, he can help offer you some advice, but don't feel constrained to "follow the rules" when it comes to big, small, heavy, etc. They're all incredible.

Hey Everyone,

Absolutely terrific work, Rob!

Any more tips?

Since you don't seem to be looking for anything in particular just email Lee and see what he has in stock. Check this out before you speak to him so you understand what he is talking about:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Morris_and_Forndran_Brushes

If you're looking for a recommendation, a good place to start would be a 1/2, 24x50 fan shape in Blonde. It's a good all rounder and was my first M&F brush. Many people seem to enjoy it. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom