What's new

Morris and Forndran (M&F) Appreciation Thread

Not that I'm trying to be an enabler, but there's currently 4 beauties currently available in Brad's "Ready Made" section right now ;)
I just spent $355.00 on a Simpson’s Chubby 2, 2 Band Silvertip, so it will be a few weeks, I knew they were there I check the site 2 or 3 times a day. But thanks for the info

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I like them all. Of my 3 in finest, 2 in Super, and 2 in Blonde the difference is negligible. I think my newest blonde (the Emillion in malachite) is just a wee smidge more scritchy than the others but I attribute this to it still being fairly new. The 2 stubbys which are the oldest (a finest and a blonde) which are the most broken in feel absolutely heavenly.

Last edited:
Thinking about selling my Duke 3 “Ruby” Manchurian to fund the M&F 2XL Ivory Finest, but it would have to go quick.

Would you sell the Duke 3 “Ruby” to get a M&F?

Thinking about selling my Duke 3 “Ruby” Manchurian to fund the M&F 2XL Ivory Finest, but it would have to go quick.

Would you sell the Duke 3 “Ruby” to get a M&F?
Doug, you are sooooo lucky If you end up buying the in stock ivory 2XL. 😁 I tried to buy that brush earlier today and Brad still won’t ship to Canada. Couldn’t complete the transaction when I tried to pay due to my location.

Very nice brush for $225, but I will stick to makers that ship to Canada from now on. Lots of great Simpsons, Rudy Veys, Thaters, Shavemacs, etc. out there that are just as good and I don’t need to drive across the border to pick up. 👍

Hope you get to grab it. So funny I tried to buy this exact brush before I even knew you were interested. LOL.

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
Doug, you are sooooo lucky If you end up buying the in stock ivory 2XL. 😁 I tried to buy that brush earlier today and Brad still won’t ship to Canada. Couldn’t complete the transaction when I tried to pay due to my location.

Very nice brush for $225, but I will stick to makers that ship to Canada from now on. Lots of great Simpsons, Rudy Veys, Thaters, Shavemacs, etc. out there that are just as good and I don’t need to drive across the border to pick up. 👍

Hope you get to grab it. So funny I tried to buy this exact brush before I even knew you were interested. LOL.

I feel your disappointment, I tried to order an "arley" from Brad a while ago and it was a no go, which led me down the Rudy route (not the back up choice I'm making it out to be, I've always wanted to try/own a Rudy, its of course wonderful).

I currently only own one M&F. One day I’ll order another one. They’re beautiful brushes.

87D8DB9F-11C1-4BC8-8790-A9F6BDDD1FC9.jpeg

This is one of the early Blonde Badgers around 25 mm knot. The handle is set with a hallmarked tooled silver band and baseplate. This brush performs very well and I like it. I also have a Blonde Badger moonjava chief. This brush also performs well but I am not so happy with the knot - there is about a 10 mm glue bump. The black one doesn't have this. I've noticed glue bumps on several M&F brushes. While they still work well which I suppose is what really counts, all of my favorite brushes have fully open knots. They seems to flex nicely and have excellent flow through and lathering qualities.

IMG_4556.JPG

This is one of the early Blonde Badgers around 25 mm knot. The handle is set with a hallmarked tooled silver band and baseplate. This brush performs very well and I like it. I also have a Blonde Badger moonjava chief. This brush also performs well but I am not so happy with the knot - there is about a 10 mm glue bump. The black one doesn't have this. I've noticed glue bumps on several M&F brushes. While they still work well which I suppose is what really counts, all of my favorite brushes have fully open knots. They seems to flex nicely and have excellent flow through and lathering qualities.

View attachment 1336807

That's crazy nice!

Top Bottom