What's new

Morphing Into A Face Latherer

I've been a dedicated face latherer going on four years now, pretty much 100%. I also use both creams and soaps.
Do you dab the cream on your face and lather or do you coat the tips of your brush?

Love your avatar!!

I face later 100% of the time. I like that the extra time the brush is working my whiskers gives be a great shave every time.

Been a 100% face latherer since June. Just works so much better for me and one less piece of equipment to worry about breaking (which I really need to account for as a shower shaver as well)

Started out as a bowl latherer. One reason, because that's what I saw done on YouTube videos I was watching. Another reason, I wanted the bowl/cup as part of my accoutrements being under the impression that lathering was traditionally done that way.

I've since moved more towards face lathering. I find that the time spent building a bowl lather just translated to extra on-skin preparation when done directly on the face. Have been getting some great shaves with the extra on-face time. I do have two scuttles, a bowl type and a brush type. I find that I'm really enjoying the brush scuttle. Living in Texas, it's hot here. I like to refrigerate my scuttle and brush and have a nice cool and refreshing lathering session.

I do still use the bowl sometimes, especially so when I'm working from a soap sample

I almost always face lather. I get better shaves that way. Plus it puts me in a nirvana like state of mind if I shave in the morning.

I started out trying to bowl lather and always ended up with very foamy/airy lather. Switched to face lathering, was quickly successful and never looked back.

I face lather 100% of the time. I don't see the need to dirty a bowl when I can lather directly on my face, plus I like working the lather into my beard.

Face lather all the time. I only use my bowl to smash samples and load my brush.

Though, two weeks ago I got tobs Eaton college and I've been having really hard time with face lathering with it. Maybe I just expect something different. But I have to say that this is the first product that I got and I never once thought about using a different soap. I'll probably 3017 it and at the end will see if I want to get it again. I have way to much creams to go through including couple of Polish tubes of wars and Linder

I face lather with my soaps 5 days a week, bowl lather with my creams 1 day a week and hand lather several times a week without applying to my face because I like playing with my shave gear. :blush:

100% face lather here with no interest in ever going to a bowl. I enjoy it and the feel of the brush on my face. Bowl lathering is a significant amount of work in comparison. I can have my face lathered and ready to shave within 30 seconds after washing/rinsing my face.

I have been a face lather for 50+ yrs....don't see any change in the future:001_cool:

Same here for almost as long. I did try bowl lathering a few years ago, still have the scuttle to prove it, but couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Reverted back to face lathering.

Bob

Top Bottom