What's new

Morning vs. Evening

I used to shave mornings, but lately I've been shaving evenings, before bed so that like many others describe, I can enjoy the shave without needing to watch the clock. Still enjoy a Saturday/Sunday morning shave before going out though.

I work heavy construction, so I take my shower at night before bed. That's when I shave most of the time too. Gives me some me time to relax and unwind.
If I have somewhere to go on a weekend or something, I will just shower, then wait until morning so I have a fresh shave though.

Whatever works is just fine! For me this means shaving in the AM to start my day (after my hot shower)! :thumbup1:

I'm a morning shaver. I give myself enough time, so I am never rushed. If I had to be at work at 6am, I might re-think that. :wink2:

I prefer to shower at night, so I also shave at night before bed. With the right razor I am BBS for 14 hrs or so and not much stubble 24 hrs later. Typically shave 4x per week with Saturday being my only morning shave.
Another splash of AS in the morning before work also.
I like going to bed feeling clean and refreshed and the shaving routine is relaxing for me.

Wouldn't that require four hands and four razors? :001_huh:

Personally I have to shave in the morning before work. I loathe leaving the house without taking a shower and shaving. Sometimes it's unavoidable and I do it at night before bed, but when I wake up I feel 'dirty' if I just put on clothes and leave the house. I look it at from the viewpoint that I've been laying there sweating and rolling around in dead skin cells for eight hours.

+1000

I like to shave in the evening. I do so because I have finicky skin and will generally show some red no matter how great the shave or quality of products used. By shaving at night I can avoid looking like a splotchy doof as I go about my business, hahaha. It helps that my face hair is not ultra fast in growing.

I just recently started shaving in the evening as late as I can before retiring for the night. The mornings around my house are very busy. It's been a nice change. I can go slow and enjoy some quiet me time.

After being sprayed with rancid milk from the coffee machine at work I had a shower and a shave in the evening to get rid of the smell. It was the first time I have shaved at night and I found my face was sticking to my pillow. A very weird sensation.

I like the evening shave too. They don't last as long as morning shave since you sleep through the first 8 hours or so after shaving.

If I feel the need to look sharp that day e.g. business meeting or something, I'll morning shave.

My dilemma is that I shower at night but like to shave in the morning... which means I waste a good pre-shave prep of steamy water. (Hot towels as prep in the morning don't do the trick as well.)

I'd shave at night... but my AS and ASB would seem to go to waste being smeared into my pillow.

I used to shave mornings, but lately I've been shaving evenings, before bed so that like many others describe, I can enjoy the shave without needing to watch the clock. Still enjoy a Saturday/Sunday morning shave before going out though.
Heard!!! Same here, my pillow smells like after shave!!

Wouldn't that require four hands and four razors? :001_huh:

Just kidding, I get what you're saying.

Personally I have to shave in the morning before work. I loathe leaving the house without taking a shower and shaving. Sometimes it's unavoidable and I do it at night before bed, but when I wake up I feel 'dirty' if I just put on clothes and leave the house. I look it at from the viewpoint that I've been laying there sweating and rolling around in dead skin cells for eight hours.

Of course! I never leave the house without a shower!! We all are gentlemen here! Hahaha...

I was an am shaver for decades, but just lately started evening shaves because they are so relaxing. I take my time and get BBS. Don't like the afternoon stubble, though, so I am thinking of maybe just touching up my jaw and neck while in the shower each morning.

I enjoy taking my time with my shave so I am mostly a night shaver.

It's nice going to bed with a smooth face and smelling good.

Top Bottom