What's new

Morning Tobaccon Choices

In Japan, they have weird rules, and I can't live with her until the marriage documents are signed. So we both have separate apartments. And it's not bad at all :)

I smoke anytime I want in mine and I brought a camping chair for her balcony. She does have a say of what I smoke when she's in the car though. She's picky with the room notes. ;)

Many men would envy your arrangement, Andrew! :wink2:

Yeah, from some threads I have seen, many many fellow gents could only wish their other halves were merely "picky with room notes". lol

Okay, so I have tried Dunhill Flake, Pete's Hyde Park, and Sherlock Holmes. I have to say that Virginia blends, while awesome in their own right, are not a conducive morning smoke. I bit the bullet and bought a 4oz bag of EMP. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will definately still experiment with other blends to find a viable alternative to EMP.

Oh, and I bought a tin of GLP Chelsea Morning.

And another tin of JackKnife Plug.

And a reamer.

So uhm, yeah. SWMBO still doesn't understand, but there ya go. :lol:

Okay, so I have tried Dunhill Flake, Pete's Hyde Park, and Sherlock Holmes. I have to say that Virginia blends, while awesome in their own right, are not a conducive morning smoke. I bit the bullet and bought a 4oz bag of EMP. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will definately still experiment with other blends to find a viable alternative to EMP.

Oh, and I bought a tin of GLP Chelsea Morning.

And another tin of JackKnife Plug.

And a reamer.

So uhm, yeah. SWMBO still doesn't understand, but there ya go. :lol:

Aside from SWMBO not understanding why you need more tobacco, what's the reason for looking for an alternative morning smoke? Something cheaper than EMP? Variety?

Aside from SWMBO not understanding why you need more tobacco, what's the reason for looking for an alternative morning smoke? Something cheaper than EMP? Variety?

Just variety. I do enjoy my EMP, but I wanted to find something that would also be just as enjoyable. Hence, the Chelsea Morning pick-up.

If you can find it, Esoterica Pembroke is another I've found that I really like in the morning. Not too much nicotine, almost a shag cut, which makes for an easy burn, and very tasty.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. It isn't the brand, it is the amount of tobacco I already have in inventory. I get the whole "well you have a bunch of tobacco already. Why do you need more? Can't you smoke the stuff you have?"

Show her the tax thread that's happening and explain if you don't buy it now you'll be paying heavily in the future. My lady is very pragmatic and whilst she wishes I didn't smoke a pipe she actually prompts me to buy in bulk each month to stock up. She's good with numbers and money and understands that buying now is a savings plan for the future.

That may help your case?

If you can find it, Esoterica Pembroke is another I've found that I really like in the morning. Not too much nicotine, almost a shag cut, which makes for an easy burn, and very tasty.

Thanks, Luke. I will keep my eye out for it.

Show her the tax thread that's happening and explain if you don't buy it now you'll be paying heavily in the future. My lady is very pragmatic and whilst she wishes I didn't smoke a pipe she actually prompts me to buy in bulk each month to stock up. She's good with numbers and money and understands that buying now is a savings plan for the future.

That may help your case?

That is an interesting approach, Rob. I will have to give it a shot. Worst case scenario is that she'll roll her eyes at me. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom